One deer short of 0.1%

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MO alternate methods season has ended. If Grand daughter had filled her last tag, our family would have accounted for over 0.1% of the total statewide deer harvest for that season.
I'd really expected a much higher take than 8599 deer during the rather long season.
In the infinite (or infinitesimal depending on personal opinion) wisdom of the MDC biologists, I was restricted to 2 antlerless deer per county. This completely disregards the fact that even on the final day of all deer seasons, I saw no less than 20 deer in one of our soybean stubble fields.

Rich/WIS

Bearcat
Lived in MO for three years and saw a lot of deer, can't imagine a kill that low. Would have expected at least a high five figure deer kill.

Are you sure about the 8599 count for all of Missouri?

During a weekend youth hunt in Arkansas hunters ages 6 to 15 checked 9,153 deer, according to the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission's online harvest totals. The youth hunt usually accounts for about 10% of our annual harvest.

MDC reports 8,599 deer taken during alternative methods portion

---note: alternative methods portion NOT the entire season.
This was the email from MDC. According to the county tally, we had almost 1/10 of the county total.

Are you sure about the 8599 count for all of Missouri?

During a weekend youth hunt in Arkansas hunters ages 6 to 15 checked 9,153 deer, according to the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission's online harvest totals. The youth hunt usually accounts for about 10% of our annual harvest.

01/18/2022 JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Missouri's 2021-2022 deer-hunting season ended Jan. 15 with the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) reporting a preliminary total deer harvest for the season of 293,670. Of the deer harvested, 143...

MDC reports final deer harvest for season more than 293,600 | Missouri ...

krw

Blackhawk
GA stands at 248,039 with 3 days left in the statewide firearm season, it closes on 1/8/23.

Some counties in metro areas have an extended archery season through January 31.
Your not on the same page. Reread first post carefully

mogwai

Nortwuds
MO alternate methods season has ended. If Grand daughter had filled her last tag, our family would have accounted for over 0.1% of the total statewide deer harvest for that season.
I'd really expected a much higher take than 8599 deer during the rather long season.
In the infinite (or infinitesimal depending on personal opinion) wisdom of the MDC biologists, I was restricted to 2 antlerless deer per county. This completely disregards the fact that even on the final day of all deer seasons, I saw no less than 20 deer in one of our soybean stubble fields.
Statewide or even regional regulations cannot be based on what you see behind the barn. They must be more broadly based, and you know that

Latest posts