??on an International

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cowboy1

Single-Sixer
I just came up with a 10-22 International, that I can't find out anything about. Someone told me that what I have doesn't exist, but I have it in my paws. It is a Stainless barrel, silver reciever & trigger, checkered foreend and pistol grip International. S/N 243-99XXX.
Can anyone fill me in ??

Cowboy1

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, there are a BUNCH of different variations of 10/22's now. I can tell you it was shipped in 1996. According to the guide,,, it should be a K10/22-XC or a K10/22-RBI.
But the best way to determine what it actually shipped as,, would be to call Ruger Records at;
603-863-3300
Tell them what you want & they will give you the correct model nomenclature,, and the month & year of shipment.

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, you've got the K10/22-RBI. Ruger reintroduced the International stocked 10/22's in 1993 in the 238- prefix. When they were first shown at either the NRA show or SHOT show that year a lot of people were critical that it didn't have a checkered stock, so Ruger granted their wishes a few months later with both models becoming checkered, in the same pattern as the 10/22 Sporter.
As with the first go around with the International model being made from 1966 to 1969, demand slacked off again and Ruger decided it wasn't worth making them anymore.
Ruger made a between 10 and 20 thousand laminate International stocked stainless models for WalMart as well. Once that contract was done, Ruger took the last of the laminate stocks they had, put blue barreled receivers with them and distributed them to Lipsey's (about 690 made).
Chet15

cowboy1

Single-Sixer
chet15":2z0n6qmf said:
Yes, you've got the K10/22-RBI. Ruger reintroduced the International stocked 10/22's in 1993 in the 238- prefix. When they were first shown at either the NRA show or SHOT show that year a lot of people were critical that it didn't have a checkered stock, so Ruger granted their wishes a few months later with both models becoming checkered, in the same pattern as the 10/22 Sporter.
As with the first go around with the International model being made from 1966 to 1969, demand slacked off again and Ruger decided it wasn't worth making them anymore.
Ruger made a between 10 and 20 thousand laminate International stocked stainless models for WalMart as well. Once that contract was done, Ruger took the last of the laminate stocks they had, put blue barreled receivers with them and distributed them to Lipsey's (about 690 made).
Chet15

Hey guys,
I appreciate the info. Much more than I came up with myself. Thanks.
CB1