On a lighter note

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mexicanjoe

Single-Sixer
Thanks, Rick. You must have a hella memory.

I appreciate the good thoughts but this turned out to be my worst birthday ever. It would have also been my grandson's 5 month birthday, but I got a teary call from my daughter on Friday telling me the poor little thing had just died. SIDS, apparently. She's absolutely devastated, as am I and everyone else in our family. :cry:

And here I thought the stroke I suffered in April was the worst thing that could happen this year. I wasn't even close. :cry:

"They say Jesus will find you wherever you go,
But when he'll come looking for you, they don't know."

--Warren Zevon
May god comfort you and your family in this destressing time. Take comfort in knowing that in due time, you will meet him again, be rest assured he is not alone! and the little guy will probably be playing at the feet of his Lord..... If you need to talk just contact me, I dont mind helping.

Snake Pleskin

Hunter
Hi,

August 14 is a busy date in our family: it was my parents' anniversary, my oldest cousin's anniversary, a dear friend's birthday, and, oh, yeah, it's our own Snake45's birthday if memory serves! I'll be kind to your ears and won't sing, but I hope it's a good day. Happy Birthday, Snake!

Rick C
LOL, it is also my son's Birthday!

Snake Pleskin

Hunter
Thanks, Rick. You must have a hella memory.

I appreciate the good thoughts but this turned out to be my worst birthday ever. It would have also been my grandson's 5 month birthday, but I got a teary call from my daughter on Friday telling me the poor little thing had just died. SIDS, apparently. She's absolutely devastated, as am I and everyone else in our family. :cry:

And here I thought the stroke I suffered in April was the worst thing that could happen this year. I wasn't even close. :cry:

"They say Jesus will find you wherever you go,
But when he'll come looking for you, they don't know."

--Warren Zevon
I can't imagine your sorrow & pain. I hope you & your daughter get through this together. My deepest condolences.

Armybrat

Buckeye
I share your pain, as we had our first family dinner together yesterday - six weeks after my oldest grandson passed away unexpectedly at age 29.
Heartfelt condolences to you and all your family.

Snake45

Hawkeye
My Ruger Forum friends,

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and words of condolence. They have all meant more to me than you can know.

I didn't realize I had so many friends here--including at least a couple that I didn't think of as friends. But I will from now on.

May God bless you all. And Rick, I'm so sorry I ended up hijacking your nice thread. That wasn't my intention at all.

Peace be upon everyone.

--Snake

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
May God bless you all. And Rick, I'm so sorry I ended up hijacking your nice thread. That wasn't my intention at all.

Peace be upon everyone.

--Snake
Hi,

No worries, Snake: there's a silver lining to this and that is I don't think of you as a person who would ask for prayers directly for yourself, but they seem to come out of the woodwork sometimes when needed most. I think this is one of those times. Nobody should have to suffer the loss you have alone, especially when you have no idea how big your extended family is here.

I like to think what they taught us about God hearing all prayers is true, but I think He still has priorities: little kids, and big burly guys you'd never think would ask for help on their own being at the top. It's good to remember how many of the latter we have right here!

Rick C

pawncop

Blackhawk
Please accept my condolences and a prayer for your peace, comfort, and strength during this terrible time. Words are inadequate to express my sorrow.

Latest posts