om superblackhawk 44 cylinder pin was tight fit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hardcorediver44

Bearcat
It really bothered me that when I wanted to take the cylinder pin out to clean my OM super blackhawk. I polished the pin and still it was hard to seat all the way in or remove without using a small flat screwdriver to pull it free. I cleaned out both front and rear holes on the frame and still a tight fit. After reading up on a couple of post's on here I began to realize that the rear hole was probably peened with heavy loads from use from prior owner. I took a couple of dremal cone stones of medium and fine grit and twirled them into the rear hole by hand polishing the smallest amount of metal. And Pow! that solved it. now the cylinder pin slids in and out so easy and I'm very pleased with the results. If it wasn't for this forum,I would have not known what to try to correct my problem. So now I feel a whole lot better about the revolver and the shape it's in now.

contender

Ruger Guru
Congrats on figuring out what the problem was. Yes, this Forum is a great wealth of knowledge. That's why so many of us have hung around for so long.

Hardcorediver44

Bearcat
100_0264.jpg

100_0267.jpg