OM Super price check please

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Hello all - I have a line on a very nice condition 5 digit (no prefix) Super. I'd say the condition is easily 95-97% with a slight cylinder turn ring and a few small dings in the ERH. Is there anything special about the no-prefix guns that make them worth more than the $500 price that is on this one? Or is this an average deal?

I have bought several Supers in the $500 range in as good or mint condition. I'm just trying to determine if the 5 digit serial number justifies me jumping on this one. No box/papers, not converted...

Thanks.

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Between $500.00 and $600.00 is a fair price....The lower the # plus condition with box can bring a few 100 more dollars.
But this is a unfired 3-screw prefix gun I got for $500.00 the guy wanted $575.00. I think I got a good deal :D
377288395.jpg

Arokcrwlr":2k37myx6 said:
Hello all - I have a line on a very nice condition 5 digit (no prefix) Super. I'd say the condition is easily 95-97% with a slight cylinder turn ring and a few small dings in the ERH. Is there anything special about the no-prefix guns that make them worth more than the $500 price that is on this one? Or is this an average deal?

I have bought several Supers in the $500 range in as good or mint condition. I'm just trying to determine if the 5 digit serial number justifies me jumping on this one. No box/papers, not converted...

Thanks.
Well here is my 2 cents worth
First off I have bought and sold a few Supers. One with a cyl ring and a dinged EJH is not 97-95% IMHO.
Second the people I sell to don't care about a S/N
Third Unless it is something special it is worth about the same As a pre-fix
RENE non $550 pre $520
So ya see not much difference
Jim

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Excellent Jim - that is what I am looking for. I don't consider myself a collector, but I have several very nice OM Supers and typically do not care about serial numbers. So nothing special about this one - good, I will try to get it for a bit less or pass.

As for the condition of this gun - the turn ring is ever so slight as are the dings - you really need to be looking hard. I don't know the technical method of rating guns, but it is certainly a very nice example.

Thank you for the replies.

Latest posts