OM Blackhawk .45 Colt price check...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
Looking at picking up an Old Model Blackhawk in .45 Colt, found one with a 7.5" barrel in pretty good condition. It hasn't been converted, has a slight cylinder line, and should easily rate around 85-90% or better. What is the current going rate on these particular revolvers? No box or paperwork, and SN indicates a '71 manufacture. Thanks!

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, if the condition is 85%-90% that's strictly shooter grade. But it conflicts with your description of only having a faint turn line.
If you can get it under $700,, I'd call it fair.

Yep, in this case, as always, the devil is in the details. One person's 85% might not match another person's 85%. For that kinda money I'd have to see and fondle the thing to decide.

JMHO
:)

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
I'm supposed to see the gun in person tomorrow, hopefully its in even better shape than the pictures indicate....

contender

Ruger Guru
By the pics,, it's better than 85% for sure. It also looks to be better than a 90% gun as well. Let us know how it turns out.

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
Well, I was able to make a deal on the Ruger today. Definitely not mint, but still in pretty good condition. Has a pretty good cylinder ring, slight wear near the muzzle, and one "idiot mark" below the loading gate...I can only assume it was disassembled at some point, and the gate slipped a bit.

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
Nice, recessed cylinder....any ideas who the "R" belongs to? ;)

...and a couple pics with its twin, another unconverted in .45 Colt.

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
NitroAcres said:
Very Nice, so just for our reference, what did you end up paying??

Well, it's difficult to say....I ended up trading a laminated stock Remington 700 ADL .270 for the Ruger. I had gotten a very good deal on the Remington, so I think I did pretty well.

contender

Ruger Guru
I think you did quite well. When trading,, I disregard what I invested in a gun,,, but instead, I use current market values for references in a trade. Using that thought in mind,, you still did quite well.

Tip

Single-Sixer
Jason,
I think you did real well!
That's a caliber I have yet to acquire in a Blackhawk, and you've got two!
Is it my imagination, or did you bring out the lustre in the bluing once you got it home?
I'd be proud to have that one -and that pair!