OM 9mm clyinder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DGW1949

Hunter
A NM cylinder is fatter than an OM cylinder and it's chambers are further apart...so no matter how much trimming/fitting ya do, the two are not interchangable.
DGW

That's what I was afraid of - and that info was in the back of my head - it just wouldn't come out. I called Ruger and a nice lady named Donna said they had found some of the OM 9mm cylinders recently but they were all gone now.

DGW1949

Hunter
jimbo1096":1gl12bpr said:
That's what I was afraid of - and that info was in the back of my head - it just wouldn't come out. I called Ruger and a nice lady named Donna said they had found some of the OM 9mm cylinders recently but they were all gone now.

They "found some recently" but they are gone now ????....wow, that is interesting. Makes me wonder what else they might have stashed around the place. Also makes me wonder where they all went....didn't realize there was all that many 9MM-OM's getting sent in for repair. :roll: .

Anyhow....if you need one, you might post a WTB here on the forum. I did that a while back and it didn't take long to have one in my hands.
Some of these guys are real-good about trying to help out.

DGW

Will probably do that after the first of the year DGW. & yeah, I was in hopes when she said "let me go look to make sure they are all gone." I visualized her going over to some dark corner and poking around in a bin full of OM parts, but when she came back she was shuffling papers and said - "Nope, we have 30 carb, 44mag, and 45 but no 9mm left according to this" and rattled papers for me to hear. Drats!
Where did they all go? Probably to some of our more astute collectors here on the board that have better contacts than me!

yessir, never say never, and its gota be a thing of timing also...when you call and who you may talk to at the "time"...we know that redstick, here on the Forum, some time back , was able to get a 'spare' cylinder in 9mm for his "stainless" gun, and that was supposed to NOT be able to be done...turns out there were others besides....soooooo, "never say never....."