OM 357 FT questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AS I have mentioned before, I tend to be a "converter" rather than a Ruger collector. This gun was one I bought to use for a conversion but I just can't bring myself to send it under the knife. That said, I'd like a little help coming up with a ballpark figure posting it for sale here on the forum. According to Mr. Dougan's work, the gun was made in 1956 and it has the wavy, narrow front sight, the offset ERH, the dimpled ER button, Micro rear sight and naturally the hard rubber grips. It exhibits normal blue wear on the tip of the muzzle and some blue loss on the grip frame contact points. It is also missing two small spots of paint on the left side eagle in the grip panel. It does have the skinny trigger as well. Any suggestions would be helpful. I want to post it at a fair price so both parties are pleased. I know pictures are the key on questions like this so I've posted the ones I have.
IMG_0217-1.jpg

IMG_0216-1.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

If there are any other distinquishing features I need to look at to help determine the value, please l et me know and I'll examine it again.

Thanks Ruger guys for sharing your knowledge once again!

G2

Hunter
Good info, G2. Recent sales count for a lot.

Robb, the guns G2 sold appear to perhaps be in a little better condition than yours. That said, your gun is still an early .357 Flattie, and they aren't making them any more. Heckuva collector item for anyone wanting to have one and not concerned about ultimate condition.

$500 ballpark?? I dunno. Just a thought.

For what it's worth, I like your gun but already have one just about like it.

:)