old ruger pistols

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
seth_wyo":yxjmn4dx said:
i have a single six 22, made in '55 it has a flatgate loading gate and plastic grips.

i also have a MK 1 with the longer heaver berral, small ser # , and no prefix.
the eagle is on the opposit grip from other mk's, and the mag slot in the handle is also on the opposit side from other mks.

id like to know about these guns, how rare are they ? anything special ?
what are these worth ?

How rare? Depends on Condition! Mint examples are difficult to find unless you look in a Ruger Forum Member's safe. Plastic Grips? Genuine Ruger grips or are they from the aftermarket industry? Here's some of the plastic aftermarket stuff from the '50's and '60's...
146541287.jpg

146541293.jpg

Back to Condition..... how much holster wear is present? Is the rear sight blued or kinda silver? How about the ejector housing? Leading edges of the cylinder? Has the front sight been filed down to adjust the P.O.I.?

If you are hesitant to post the s/n then at least give us "most of it".....
i.e. s/n 320XX......

Again, to address your "value" question we MUST have detailed information. A "shooter" grade '55 vintage Single-Six is a $200 to $325 gun. A "collectors' item" can be worth $450-$600 or so....

Toss in the box, as shown in my image, and the value bumps up into the $700 range.

JMHO,

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
Thanks Sethwyo...just got your pm...my computer's been down a bit, then my internet was down.
Yes, from how you describe it, sounds like the flatgate Single-Six would have shootever value plus a little premium for the gate, and although the small numbered T678 is tough to find, it doesn't bring too much of a premium either.
Chet15

americal

Hunter
Great a photo :) I remember this posting :shock: looks like a shooter grade Flatgate :) I love those guns, no matter what condition sure not qualified to give its worth :? but glad you posted photo :!:

single action

Single-Sixer
Seth, the folks on the forum that have been helping you with the information are great folks. You may talked about the gentleman at the gunshow referencing some books, well the folks that you have been working with have either written the books he was refering to or were consulted in many cases. this is by far the most knowlegdgable folks in my humble opinion to the collecting of Rugers. if this is something that you feel you will continue on in the future I would recommend the Red Eagle Newsletter that Chet 15 puts out. It is inexpensive and he updates references to new models and anomalies. Oh. Welcome to the forum hang around you will learn a bunch. single action.

sethwyo

Bearcat
i was wondering what i had, now i know. nothing special. only some old ruger two twos.

Latest posts