Old model Super Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mcb66

Bearcat
One of my favorite haunts took this in pawn a while back. Previous owner never came back for it! Around here, a Super Single Six; especially an old model, is very hard to find. As soon as I spotted it this morning I grabbed it. It is basically new. No turn marks, no soot, the only wear is a couple of marks on the bottom of the grip and some storage wear at the end of the barrel. It was stored in a soft folding case for almost 50 years. I wish that they had saved the box! The price? Basically the price of a Heritage! Holy cow. My wallet was smoking I grabbed it so quick. Looks to me like one of the last old models. About 1972. Truthfully it took me a while to figure out just what it was, they are so uncommon around here. Tons of Single Sixes, very few with adjustable sights.
20220924_191434.jpg

hittman

Staff member
I can't quite make out of its 60-3xxxx or 60-8xxxx ….. Ruger's site says it's either 70 or 72 depending on that number.

Nice one to find.

Congrats.

contender

Ruger Guru
A 1971 or 1972,,, depending upon the numbers after the 60-8xxxx. 1971 ended with 60-81277. If higher than that, it'd be a 1972. I can't tell if the second number is a zero or a 9.

The grips have been swapped out,, as it should have most likely had the black, recessed eagle, and even if it had the early raised silver eagles,, that set isn't "squashed" enough. And the front sight looks like it may have been modified.
BUT,,, if you got it for the price of a Heritage,, you STOLE it. NICE!!!!!!!
A convertible Super Single-Six shooter is worth much more than a new Heritage.

mcb66

Bearcat
I checked my old RENE (I need to order a new one) it falls into the range of Silver Eagel grips. I'll have to see if I can tell the difference between "squashed" or not.

jyo

Single-Sixer
Super nice score! Lucky guy---now take it out and shoot it!

mcb66

Bearcat
I just compared the grips to my 1971 45 convertible. They look very similar. I really can't tell any real difference other than more wear on the 45.
20220925_173334.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
That's a better picture of the grip medallions. And yes,, it's possible it was shipped with them.
But the front sight,, still looks a bit hinky to me.

But put all that aside. You got a very good deal there. Now enjoy it!

pdawg13

Bearcat
I just acquired this today and was wondering if you all could tell me some information? I just joined and my search is not going well.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I have sales receipts and all from original purchase. Looking for info and what it is worth etc. any help is appreciated!!

Latest posts