Old Model Super Grip Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DHD

Single-Sixer
I just found a OM Super at a store I check in on from time to time. It's in very good condition with a few scratches on the right side (ejector rod and cylinder frame junction) and on the front of the cylinder. Looks like the scratches happened at the same time in it's past. They are not any problem other than looks.

It does wear a lovely set of Pachmayr Signature grips. Just double checking that a set of NMSBH grips would fit for now. If I decide to get it, I may just buy one of Ronnie Wells' grip frames in brass and go from there. I'm not a particular fan of the SBH Dragoon style trigger guard anyway, but that would be in the not to distant future.

I suppose I want it because I have zero OM's and I understand that you need to have at least one (I believe it's written down somewhere). This revolver has not been converted and has that deep smooth blue finish. First two digits are 80-, so it appears that it was made in 73.

DHD

Single-Sixer
Weeellllll, you snooze you loose. Someone came in right after I looked at it and paid what they were asking.

No money pit for me right now.

Thanks for the answer though.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I never like the sq back trigger either. I used a SBH Hunter rd guard frame, they only come in stainless. This one with Bisley trigger:

xlarge.jpg

Can easily be adapted to old models as well.

DHD

Single-Sixer
To me Hondo, yours is a better look. My 4 5/8" SS SBH was sent to Huntington for his grip frame mod as that monster rapped my knuckle when I shot WARM loads. I've backed down a grain or two on H110 with it. Much nicer.

Yeah, I waited a day before I went back to buy that 3 Screw SBH, and it was gone. WTH, I'll just get a Lipsey's Bisley Flat Top 44 Special before they are all gone. The Bisley style grip frame agrees with my hand better.