Old Model 45 Colt by Alan Harton

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Back when I could afford "rescue projects" I picked this up out of the Cabela's used gun case and sent it to Alan Harton.
Nickeled, all the alloy parts were polished out pretty seriously, broken grips, and gold plated hammer and trigger!
Also has a D & T in the topstrap
Although it's a poor pic, that haze on the barrel isn't my fault that was really the finish.
Before pic:
DSCN1045.jpg

Sent it down to Alan Harton with a box of "rainy day project" parts.

Alan did a few things to it.
stripped nickel, (incl repolish & reblue)
welded topstrap hole
fit OM SBH grip frame
fit OM SBH hammer and trigger
fit steel ERH
opened throats to .4525 (was .450-.451)
recut lettering (R) that was overpolished from the nickel job on left side
The medallions in those grips came from the grips on the gun when I bought it, I filled the eagles back in with automotive striping enamel.
OM45rightside.jpg

OM45leftside.jpg

top strap fix
OM45topstrap.jpg

this lettering and the eagle are pretty crisp for twice refinished sixgun, eh?
OM45leftsideframe.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to double post this - in the classifieds.
If you want to say anything about it not related to purchasing it, please say it here, if you are interested in buying it, post there. I'm not listing a price or responding to questions about purchasing it in this thread. I just felt it belonged here in the Gallery.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
WOW!!!! Yes it does belong in the Gallery so it can be shown off. Lotsa folks don't look at the Classifieds unless there is something in particular they are looking for.
Love, love, love the Olde Models, especially the 'rescue' OM customs and yours is a fine example!
I have a similar OM .45 that my son purchased for me years ago. It already had the Super Blackhawk treatment and then dipped in the shiney stuff when he bought it. It's starting to turn kinda yellow and sometimes I think about having it stripped and reblued.

Latest posts