Old Model 30 Carbine Ejector Rod Housing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kobol

Bearcat
I have an Old Model 30 Carbine 7 1/2 inch barrel that is missing the ejector rod housing. I have tried a new aluminum one from Ruger, one from an old model 357 and one from a single six, and none seem to work. The ejector rod seems to be hitting the side of the cylinder. Any suggestions, on where I can pick up one that will work.

Thanks.

flatgate

Hawkeye
The introduction of the .30 carbine required Ruger to slim down the half round ejector rod via one more lengthwise cut, resulting in a triangular shaped ejector rod. The housings were the very common aluminum style.

So, what ejector rod are you using?

flatgate

kobol

Bearcat
The rods are from the 357 and 22, both which didn't fit. One was a pointy tip and the other flat ended. And you are correct, it's the rod that doesn't fit. I was thinking about narrowingone down if I can' buy one from somewhere. Do you know if Ruger still carries the correct rod. The gal I spoke to on the phone there thought she was sending the correct one, but it didnt work hence my post here.

Thanks.

kobol

Bearcat
I spoke to Mr. Harton today about a custom project I sent him and mentioned to him about my 30 carbine. He said he had one for a 30 carbine and would send one out to me.
Thanks for the help. I knew there had to be something different about that rod.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ruger being Ruger, ALL the ejector rods (Blackhawks/Super Blackhawks) were changed to the ".30 Carbine" style shortly after the introduction of that cartridge. I dunno, but, perhaps a slight engineering change was made to make the round rods a universal fit at some point after the New Model appeared.

This is a topic for further research........

flatgate