OLD MODEL 3 SCREW SINGLE SIX FLATGATE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GLW45/70

Bearcat
I have a Old Model 3 Screw Ruger Single Six Flategate ser.#51XXX that is in very good gondition. No rust, barrel is in excellent condition, a little holster wear on left side (no scratches) has the original black Ruger grips along with Ruger factory wood grips that have a scratch on the right grip. I have owned this gun since it was new, & it has been wraped in an oil cloth & put away for the last 25 years or so. The only time I brought it out was to wipe it down & check it over. I would post pictures, but I am not sure how to do it. I can e-mail someone pictures if intrested. I would like to find out what it might be worth as I may want to sell it.
Thank you GLW45/70[/img] [email protected]

cphilip

Bearcat
104-0471_IMG1.jpg
104-0474_IMG.jpg

americal

Hunter
Very nice flatgate :!: I'm sure someone on forum would be interested :) walnut grips nice, someone will get with you on further discussions about fair price :) nice of you to post for Ruger forum members 8)

GLW - very nice Single Six. Welcome to the forum. I'm not going to venture an evaluation, sorry to hear you need to sell it. Wish it were mine, but I'm sure someone here will give it a good new home if that is what you need to do.

Axehandle

Buckeye
My big question is which Auburn? My Mama lives close to Auburn AL... I just happen to need to go see her! Send me a PM! :D

flatgate

Hawkeye
Which style of ejector rod button is on the gun?
Serrated or slightly concaved?

That differentiates between the more common Type III or the more scarce Type IV.

flatgate

GLW45/70

Bearcat
Guys to answer your questions; it is Auburn NY, the ejector rod is concaved in a steel ejector housing. Also I do not have to sell the gun. I am one of those that believes if you are not out shooting the gun, why keep it?? I load my own ammo & shoot my super blackhawk on a regular basis. Now I am into lever actions & enjoy shooting my 1894SS 44mag.,444ss, & my 1895CB 45/70 plus my other hand guns.
I don`t have the orig. box, but I do have the combined instructions & parts list for Ruger Revolvers; the Singel Six Revolver, the Singel Six Lightweight, the 357 blackhawk, & the 44mag blackhawk Revised March 31 1957 that came with the gun. There is also a black fast draw holster & belt that was made for the gun. The holster has a metal liner between two pieces of leather & was formed around the gun. The belt & holster are hand tooled.
As soon as I learn how I will post additional pictures.

I cant thank all you guys enough! You have been GREAT!!

Glenn