Old Model .22 magnum cylinder in a .22 LR SS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sakoluvr

Single-Sixer
What is the bore diameter of an OM convertible single six .22 magnum?

What is the bore diameter of an OM single six .22 LR?

I guess you know where this is leading................... :twisted:

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Sakoluvr,

Yes, if it fits. No if it an early Single Six made prior to .22 magnum Single Six produced by SR. Early guns had smaller diameter bore. After XXXXX (books not at hand) every barrel was made for magnum. When this took place in what year and approximate serial number is known by many on the RF. I am sure somebody will come by and give a more complete answer.

I made the above comment based on title of your post, thinking maybe you wanted to add cylinder.

SATCOM

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
I've used a 1965 SSS 22MAG cylinder in at least a half dozen 22LR Single sixes with excellent results . ALL shot better than then the 22LR setup and registered fPS right were it should be. Ostensibly there is .002" I.D. difference in the BBL's and that is all in the right place. DO NOT forget all of those BBL's are/were .224" plus or minus .002".....That is .222" to .226" and aLL met factory specs. I have one SSS 7 1/2" with a .219" BBL and the 22MAG ammunition hits 1700fps and and can shoot groups WAY under an inch. OH yeah!!
And so it goes...

SATCOM said:
Sakoluvr,

Yes, if it fits. No if it an early Single Six made prior to .22 magnum Single Six produced by SR. Early guns had smaller diameter bore. After XXXXX (books not at hand) every barrel was made for magnum. When this took place in what year and approximate serial number is known by many on the RF. I am sure somebody will come by and give a more complete answer.

I made the above comment based on title of your post, thinking maybe you wanted to add cylinder.

SATCOM

Ruger would not retro fit magnum cylinders to guns with serial numbers less than 150000. Apparently that is the time they went to the larger bore diameter.

maduecehb

Bearcat
Sakoluver,

I have a Sako A1 with control bases and rings. How are the bases fastened to the Sako dovetails?

SOLD

Thanks,

Steve