OLD MOD SUPER GRIP FRAME ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi I located an old mod super grip frame in the white with a few rust spots what would be a fair price to pay for it I dont think its ever been used ? I have a very nice brass framed gun that does not letter that I would like to put back to original Would I be better off looking for a used one thats already blued ?

GRAMPS

pvtschultz

Blackhawk
Generally $100 is a fair price, at least for me, for steel grip frames. The only one that would be worth any more that I know of would be the early long SBH grip frames. I'm sure Flatgate can offer an image of that one for me. Is there much of a difference between the OM and NM grip Super frames?

Yes, the Old Model frame is arranged to accept the trigger return plunger and spring in a little hole just above and behind the trigger, while the New Model is arranged to accept the two-legged trigger return spring that extends thru the rear of the trigger opening and has cross pins to serve as spring pivot and anchor.

Externally, as related to the fit of grip panels, they are essentially identical.

If you find a blued one, it has already been fit to a particular gun and may or may not fit your gun. The one "in the white" will require fitting and bluing.

Good find, Gramps.

:)