Old Double Action Boxes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

twriggen

Single-Sixer
Some time way back I bought these at a gun shop that was going out of business. They had accumulated a large number of boxes over the years from guns they had sold that either the box was missed or not wanted. I purchased them just to have as extras for shipping and put them away without using them. Fast forward many many years and my evolving interest in Ruger revolvers to my surprise there are two boxes with notes that list these two as duplicates. I know ZERO about Ruger double actions and I know there is no where near the same interest in them versus the old single actions but is there any value with these two boxes other than my original intention of having them for shipping purchases? The shipping label box also has the yellow/black box inside of it.

Please don't PM me with offers to purchase as they are NFS.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

They could be of considerable interest to a person who owns the gun in question . . . or the one for which it is the duplicate!

Particularly that one with both the box and the shipper. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Heck, they're even for a couple of relatively unusual models.

chet15

Hawkeye
Hopefully somebody knows where the two guns are at! Those are the only two "D" duplicate serial numbered Sec. Series guns I've ever heard of.
Chet15

twriggen

Single-Sixer
chet15 said:
Hopefully somebody knows where the two guns are at! Those are the only two "D" duplicate serial numbered Sec. Series guns I've ever heard of.
Chet15

The store had a Ruger Salesman that brought in some interesting Rugers to sell from his personal collections. I ended up with one serial number 72 and they had a couple more 72 guns that I didn't buy as it was back in my college days and I was lucky enough to have the funds to buy the one Buckeye 10mm. Not sure if these came through him as well but seems like a strong coincident.

hittman

Staff member
Wow ..... very nice and cool story. Wish I owned the guns but I checked and no such luck.