Old childhood toys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Uncle Howie

Buckeye
We generally had to share our toys, but each one of us got one toy that was ours exclusively. No one else was allowed to play with it unless they asked.

Mine was a Fisher-Price snowmobile. When you pushed it along the floor, there was a lever that bounced the Little People up and down, simulating a rough trail! 😆

A6BF3A58-57F3-4BF7-BF04-32B296D2F665.jpeg

KIR

Blackhawk
Family too poor to afford toys or lunch pails mentioned above. Lived across the street from a park/playground that had a wading pool, tether ball, basketball courts/indoor and outdoor; both soft and hardball baseball fields, tennis courts, outdoor gymnastic equipment in a sandbox; two sandboxes for smaller kids, and I brown bagged it all the way to/through high school.
I find that all the toys I have are ones I have purchased as an adult. I have also gone through stages of having/buying slot cars, rockets and various models of the SR-71 Blackbird.

Highstandardguy

Buckeye
My Mom would go Kansas City (downtown) once or twice a year. I would save every dime I could get my hands on in advance of those trips because all the big name stores were downtown. She would take me to Macy's as they had an amazing toy department with every Dinky toy know to man. Then you could buy a plastic model airplane or ship for $1. The cheapest Dinky toys were $2 - $3. I would agonize over which military vehicle I could purchase with the amount of money I had saved. Sadly I don't have any pictures and they now reside with #2 son in Canada.

Latest posts