Old childhood toys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Paul B

Buckeye
I just wish I still had all the cool cap guns I had when a kid. Hibley made some very nice looking ones that were close copies of the single action Colts. One IIRC was called Long Tom and another was the Longhorn. There were a few others, all solid cast allow and real metal, not plastic. Another was a full size copy of the Colt New Service. For some unknown reason that one disappeared rather quickly and was never seen again. I have no idea why.
Paul B.

cowboycopus

Single-Sixer
Never mind what my wife says, I have not lost my marbles. I think we called them aggies.

Attachments

• PICT2385.JPG
    PICT2385.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 19

RSIno1

Hunter
Too old for GI Joe but still have a bunch of green Army men. Matchbox cars etc. My mom never threw anything away and now it's all stored in my garage rafters. My prized old toys are my steam engine from about 1956-7 and a couple that were my dads. A tin horse cart the horses legs and the driver move. His uncle worked at the toy manufacturer in Saginaw MI and gave it to him when he was a baby. The other is his metal airplane about 20" wing span. Prop spins as it rolls.

Attachments

• 800px-Wilesco_D6_steam_engine.jpg
    800px-Wilesco_D6_steam_engine.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 20

Sapo

Bearcat
I still have my GI Joe footlocker, albeit a bit worn from 1965. Bunch of played with Hot Wheels cars and racetrack too.

caryc

Hawkeye
Then again re: firearms...a few years ago, my cousin gave me her father's BB/pellet gun as she didn't know what to do with it. Her husband had long since passed and she knew I was interested/had a few firearms. It is a Marksman 1010, spring operated. Not very accurate, but good enough to scare away crows and ravens. The Daisy tin box was full of BB's. Instruction manual came with it.
I still have mine from my childhood. It was fun to shoot with the little darts one could buy form them. One could put up a dart board and shoot in the house.

Reactions: KIR

Snake45

Hawkeye
still got mine. do you?
Sort of. I had a Steve Canyon lunchbox that was VERY cool. I don't remember what happened to it. Went looking for one on eBay about 2002--holy S, they were over $100! Eventually one came up with some wear and some rust around the edges that was more in my price range. I got it. Still need to clean it up. It's now proudly displayed in my man-cave.

Had a Steve Canyon jet pilot helmet, too. Same deal, now over $100. Eventually scored one with noticeable wear and tear for about $20. It's now proudly displayed in my man-cave.

hittman

Staff member
My lunchbox was red and black plaid with a matching thermos. No clue what happened to it but suspect it wasn’t anything special anyway.

Our very rural area with a TV “antenna” didn’t pick up ABC. I missed knowing about the shows on that network in the 60s and 70s. Seeing some of the stuff you guys have is neat. Never saw a Monday Night Football game until I got married and move to town in the early 80s.

375supermag

Blackhawk
Hi...
Remembering my childhood toys...a Man From Uncle toy gun, a Marx WWII playset with toy soldiers from US, England, Germany, USSR and France with numerous vehicles, artillery and weapons.
Some type of supposed army toy gun that used a spring mechanism to shoot red plastic bullets...might have been called Johnny Seven or something like that.
Most of them destroyed by my older brother except the Marx playset. Saved most of that but my exwife sold it during our divorce along with a lot of my father's tools that I inherited.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
The only toys that I can remember for sure that I still have are my one favorite marble from when I was about 5 plus all my redline Hot Wheels from about 1967-1970. The Hot Wheels are all in one of their briefcase type carrying cases. I got my own son new Hot Wheels instead of giving him mt redlines, and now my grandson is almost old enough to start playing with toy cars, so I'm sure I'll be buying more soon.

I might have been about 6 when I wanted GI Joe but I guess he was too expensive, so what I got that Christmas was some 12" solid plastic soldier that couldn't be posed and his uniform was molded on as it was all one piece. I was so disappointed that I lost interest in toy soldiers at that point.

Still have my old pull behind toy from when I was 2 or 3. Lived at my grandmothers back then when my dad was overseas. I borrowed this pic but it looks exactly the same.
1666279934989.png

Also have my old O gauge train, all metal cars and a sack of marbles, two shooters and about 20 cats-eyes and swirls

Last edited:

Mike J

Hunter
I loved my cap pistol & cowboy hat, Daisy Red Ryder, & other stuff. The only childhood toy I have left is an orange metal Tonka dump truck. All three of my kids have played with it. My boy has it now. I gave away the Marx HO train set I had inherited to a buddy that is into model trains as I thought maybe someone would get some use from it. Not sure what happened to the Red Ryder, cap guns, etc.

Latest posts