Old Bisley SAA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
Found this beauty recently. 1899 Colt Bisley SAA in .41 Colt. This gun was restored by Turnbull back in 2002. Came with the Turnbull receipts. Charcoal Blue, Case Color, including Hammer, Front of Cylinder Beveled, Grips Restored (recut Checkering and borders). Has some light honest wear since the restoration, but still looks and feels great. Can't wait to shoot it. will have to track some ammo down and will definitely be reloading for it.

Bisley-1.jpg

Bisley-3.jpg

Bisley-2.jpg

Bisley-4.jpg

Brules

Single-Sixer
You could also get a 38wcf cylinder for it and have a dual cylinder gun.

BearBio

Buckeye
At one time I had a half dozen or so 41 LC Colts. including at least two Colt (REAL) Bisleys. Still have one engraved, carved ivory grips (steer with ruby eyes) that letters to Mexico City about 1901.
That one is my BBQ Gun. The other one is a Colt Army Special. I shoot both. The 41 colt is a hoot to shoot and has a reputation as a man-stopper (little more than 38 Spl). ELMER kEITH LIKED IT.
Ammo is available but pricey.

BearBio

Buckeye
https://ibb.co/PhD4ZYf

Picture of my 41 LC==Letters to 1900 or 1901, shipped to Mexico City. Came from the Reservation in Northern AZ. Taken from a dead Federale? Stolen from a hacienda?
Remnants of gold washing, Ivory grips with ruby eyes on steer. If only it could talk!

mrbumps

Blackhawk
BearBio said:
https://ibb.co/PhD4ZYf

Picture of my 41 LC==Letters to 1900 or 1901, shipped to Mexico City. Came from the Reservation in Northern AZ. Taken from a dead Federale? Stolen from a hacienda?
Remnants of gold washing, Ivory grips with ruby eyes on steer. If only it could talk!

Very nice find! Do you know any history on the engraving?

BearBio

Buckeye
All I know is what the letter says (Nothing special on the engraving). The engraving is pretty primitive. Aztec masks, arrows, etc. Two interesting scenes: Indians chasing a stagecoach and an Indian (looks like a Yaqui with a headband) shooting at a jaguar!. As I said, remnants of gold washing in the flutes, trigger, etc. Steer head (if you can't tell from the pics) with two ruby eyes. I have an EPS floral carved holster and belt with 41 LC loops for it. At the time of shipping and for a period after that, jaguars were common in the SW and even got as far north as Sacramento==there are at least two remaining in AZ (I'm a retired wildlife biologist), so that doesn't limit things.

PS: I do load and shoot it!

Sorry for the digression. Back to the regular programming!