Old Beaters...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Baldy

Single-Sixer
Have any of you guys got any old beaters in the safe? We always show off our nice ones. How about showing some ugly ducks you have.

Here's two old Security-Six's I have. I enjoy these two old guns as much as anything I have. Their not pretty, but when I want to relax I pull them out and have at it. :D

100_4541.jpg

tek4260

Buckeye
101_1556.jpg

Did someone say beater? :D This one actually needed a gas ring shim, but the timing is perfect and she is tight otherwise. It is now a 4 5/8 and I made my longest pistol shot on a deer with it last season

101_1608.jpg

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
This would be my old beater, an Abilene in 44 mag.

abilene05.jpg

abilene01.jpg

I had the barrel cut down and it's been worked over some. It has been drilled and tapped for a scope. Numrich Arms sold these as "non-functional" and I always wondered if this was supposed to be one of those. It looks like the loading gate may have been welded shut at one point :) But the stag grips sure are nice.

hutchman

Blackhawk
My $200 beater Super. I am slowly taking the finish off it as I fix some of the pitting. Eventually, I hope to make it like new again!

462345280_HkUGY-M.jpg

Lee Martin

Hunter
38-40 conversion:

Dads_3840.jpg

It doesn't show a lot of wear, but has over 20,000 rounds through it. My dad built it back in '91 and we've yet to blue the front sight.

Ruber

Single-Sixer
Here's a couple that have been tried and true. I keep thinking about refinishing them or doing a conversion, but they keep on shooting so well...
SBHK.jpg

BHK35701.jpg

Baldy

Single-Sixer
Really neat old guns on this page. Some of them have seen real hard use, but I think they are all in good hands now.

I am just going to keep mine clean and lubed. I was going to have them reblued, but I can't get the one without sites away from my daughter. She loves that old revolver, and does very well with it at the range. :lol:

tek4260

Buckeye
T.A. WORKMAN":1mnfwvyc said:
Rescued from a old barn being torn down.

HPIM1791.jpg

HPIM1792.jpg

Cleaned up ready to shoot.

HPIM1841.jpg
[img

]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h204/tworkman_2006/HPIM1842.jpg[/img]

I don't know what would bother me more.... One laying around rusting in a barn or one with a fanning hammer installed and actually used :shock:

americal

Hunter
A front single six micro sight on big bore Ruger :shock: :shock: WOW :!: first time I have seen that :) thought I saw that pin screw :wink: sure enought it is there in its full glory :lol: love that gun T.A. :)

RonEgg

Blackhawk
Here is my latest, beat up when I got it. It shoots well and the new shoes look pretty nice although still need to fit them. May get it prettied up a little or could leave it as is.

COR

Blackhawk
This OM 41 recently came to me from Anchorage, AK... The bore and cylinders look great and it's unconverted. I took it out with my favorite 41mag load (170JHC@1450fps) and it was singing. That's a new rear sight because it was missing a rear blade so I put a new one on it, other than that I'm leavin' it "as is" for now.....

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
RonEgg,

You have beater guns that are nicer than some of my safe queens. What's up with that? I love those stags.... a lot!

:) :) :)

RonEgg

Blackhawk
BearHawk 357":2shr1qb2 said:
RonEgg,

You have beater guns that are nicer than some of my safe queens. What's up with that? I love those stags.... a lot!

:) :) :)

I bought this on GB with Hogue grips. Then did a grip frame/hammer swap with a forum member that wanted the standard frame on his Bisley. Well it was more involved than that. The grip frame on this one didn't look to good so I bought another in the classified and sent it. Finally these stags showed up here and I got them also. Needs a little finish work :lol: but I am happy.