Okay RF Members, Could We See Some Christmas Trees?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

45flattop

Single-Sixer
Not to steal the thunder from FastEd's Tack Drivers thread on
pitiful Christmas trees, that one is hilarious but it occurred to me
that everyone might enjoy seeing different trees from this diverse
(geographically) forum, so if you would gang, dig out the digital
cameras and have at them. For reasons too bothersome to mention
I will enjoy them vicariously since I can't put up a tree this year. :(

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Hey 45flattop, I can play this game ! The Mrs. already put the tree up. She is into Christmas, like I am into hunting and guns :D .

xmasstree003-1.jpg

And what would Christmas be, without a Nativity scene ? The whole reason for the season ! :D

nativity003.jpg

Hope you enjoy, I know we do !

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, it's deer season here, so I don't do much except hunt. Miss Penny & I stopped doing a big tree several years ago after our cats caused some damage 2 years in a row,,,! So,, we now have a different approach to decorating. And since I'm like Jeff, (I don't decorate,) it's up to her to do whatever she wants. It hasn't happened yet!

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Peg really gets into the decorating.
Xmas1.jpg

She like those Thomas Kincade paintings. She even has a couple for the Holidays. :shock:

xmas4.jpg

Here she is with her Santa that goes by the front door. :eek:
Don't really know who looks the scary est. Santa or Peg :lol:
Or that Rotty

pegnsanta.jpg

The dinning room gets done and even parts of the kitchen. But when it comes to the family room ..... well that gets it to. Trouble is I dont like it when she decorates my 6X6 Elk :x

onesureshot

Bearcat
It's an artificial tree, but with our dog we have to go that route. She tries to eat real trees, must think she's a beaver or something, lol.

DSCN0998.jpg

We try to change it up each year with either a different color tree, different color ornaments or different color lights.

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Hey, John!!! Great post idea!!! I've not done a tree for several years. Have been doing Christmas with Miss Sarah till last year when she started acting funny. Just don't feel like doing a tree for just myself. But I do like them! 8)

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
Chistmas003.jpg

Our Douglas Fir has been up for a week now. I didn't notice that our train had derailed when I took this pic a few days ago....

gewehrfreund

Buckeye
Here's one of an old-fashioned German tree with candles. We do it every year and have never had a problem; you just have to be responsible and not leave it alone. Usually get between 10 and 12 candles on the tree. I can't imagine Christmas without a tree with candles now.
2007_12290011.jpg

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
We got to decorating last week end and here's some results:
The outside X-mas tree, a blue spruce:
379296433.jpg

And the inside one, an artificial with red chili lights and red balls, we're in the southwest so it seemed appropriate.
379296461.jpg

HH

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Hey mm6mm6, I like the Mickey light. Disney fans here so I noticed those ears quick! If you haven't, ya gotta do WDW during the Christmas season. Nobody does it like them.

callshot

Blackhawk
DSC04309.jpg

This is my Christmas tree for many years. It's either one small tree or one big moose horn-lamp. We had Christmas today because the whole family was here from out of the area.

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
Well here's my contribution. We are not big into decorating the outside of the house but we do a lot inside. We have a total of 9 Christmas trees in the house!

1st the one in my "man cave." The string of lights are of red and green shotgun shells and they actually have Remington and AA printed on the shells.

286s2kw.jpg

Yes. Before you ask, we even have 1 in the bathroom above the toidy.

211rwoh.jpg

No.1Nick

Single-Sixer
John,
They are all old Ruger (1 Savage 340) ads out of 1950s American Rifleman magazines that I purchased through e-bay or gunbroker. I just bought some document frames from the local lumberyard and took green construction paper for matting and made them myself. They are all ads of guns that I currently have now or have had in the recent past. Have a couple more that has my 44 Hunter and 1 that has my wifes and my hunter safety certificates we got from taking the class in school back in the very early 70s.
Hope to get a pair of custom made cherry grips for the 17 hmr Hunter in the display case to go along with the birdseye maple grips on my 44 Hunter.

By the way, this tree was my concoction. The other 8 more tastefully done were of my wifes imagination.

Nick :D