OK kids pay attention

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dan in MI

Staff member
The number of personal attacks is getting out of hand again. There are certain members that take any chance possible to attack other members. Then the tit for tat starts.

KNOCK IT OFF!

Yes we all know why some get attacked. Get over it.

I don't moderate much because I assume we are all adults and can act as such, but it is getting out of hand. I much rather moderate by helping and PM'ing behind the scenes, but the DLETE button is about to come out.

vito

Hunter
As adults we should be able to criticize ideas, without criticizing people. Differences of opinion make for interesting reading, and thoughtful consideration, and never have to degenerate into personal attacks. Just my two cents on the issue.

contender

Ruger Guru
While I'm not sure of what you are referring,,, I can fully agree with your assessment. This Forum has lasted so long & been too good BECAUSE of good people acting like adults to allow such issues like you describe.

Robb Barnes

Hunter
Gosh, guess I read the wrong sections since I have not noticed any nasty stuff as of late but I agree with the concept of civility rather than personal attacks. Thanks mods for keeping stuff in line.

Thank you for recognizing this has become a problem lately. It degrades the forum... I was reading some pistol forum this summer. Not sure which, but someone said "blah blah...no better than those knuckle daggers over on rimfire central." I don't want to be a part of something with a bad reputation like that for sure.

People notice....

I'm sure many forums wish they were as good with quality information and members as this one.

I have come to the point where I read only the Lounge (with great selectivity), Revolvers, and Collecting.

OK, maybe Classifieds on occasion.

Good luck, Dan. It has been a while in coming.

Ale-8(1) said:
I have come to the point where I read only the Lounge (with great selectivity), Revolvers, and Collecting.

I am the same way. I do check out the political section and post from time to time but the attacks just got to where they put me off even if the thread/discussion had merit because of some of the comments. It does get sad to see it leak out into other sections. I am glad to see this action taking place especially considering that in person if most of the members met in real life none of the BS would take place. They would swap stories and quite possibly since this is a gun forum try out each others favorite firearms.

If it got bad enough for you to make this post in the first place, then the $H17 got [email protected]

I haven't seen any personal attacks, but life is too short for that petty nonsense. It also gives our forum a negative public image.

There are bigger fish to fry, than us wasting our energy nipping at each other.

Thank you again for spreading awareness and a friendly reminder.