Ohio: ‘Heavy’ cheating in a Lake Erie fishing tournament

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Hunter
I see they stood to win $45,000 in prize money. I'm super surprised no violence broke out.

....don't be surprised, most ALL the fishermen I ever knew were too laid back and the 'sport' let them be cool and relaxed,,,, thats why it is so sad that someone just HAD to be greedy, and unscrupulous (sic).........:(

JackBull

Single-Sixer
From what I've read from many here they are obviously liberal democrats and fanatic Biden supporters...

(sorry could not help myself)
If something is getting stuffed, that would be the perview of VP Heels Up Harris

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
several years ago there was a scam going on of stuffing Ice down the fish's gullet just before the weigh in. It didn't add but just a very few ounces but was all but undetectable.

Yes, cheaters abound

jd

contender

Ruger Guru
Back in the early 90's,, my brother & I fished some team type Bass Tournaments. We'd do ok,, and won a few things. But yes,, cheaters are everywhere,, and the sponsors try HARD to figure out ways to prevent things like this.
But it happens,, even at smaller tournaments.

I just read up on this and watched it. That's some high level stupid in those cheaters! They didn't think anybody would notice
the weight of the fish compared to normal for that size fish. Didn't think anybody might pick one up and feel those chicken egg
sized sinkers? They should get their ass's beat for a lack of creativity and insulting everybody else's intelligence.... then a second time
for the actual cheating.
I imagine they'll be famous in fishing competition for a loooong time!

redhawker

Buckeye
What's really sad about this is, (if the info I heard is correct), they needed something like 18 1/2 pounds to take first place and if they hadn't added the weights the fish would have come in a couple of pounds over that weight so they would have won legitimately.

hpman66

Hunter
4eb71939-ed57-4450-b01d-fafa079ce4ec-jpeg.1120281

hpman66

Hunter
INDICTED! 👍

The anglers, Jacob Runyan, 42, of Broadview Heights, Ohio, and Chase Cominski, 35, of Hermitage, Pennsylvania, were indicted in Cleveland on felony charges of cheating, attempted grand theft, possessing criminal tools, and misdemeanor charges of unlawfully owning wild animals. They're due to be arraigned on Oct. 26.