Oh! what a conundrum. Buy or sell

Help Support Ruger Forum:

winchester348

Single-Sixer
I have a Ruger No 1 in .416 Rigby blue/Walnut and have an opportunity to buy a No 1 in .416 Rigby in Stainless/laminate. I don't need 2 {For that matter I don't hunt elephants and the wife would argue I don't need 1} Which to keep, which to sell and what are they worth?

oldgreyguy

Bearcat
winchester348 said:
I have a Ruger No 1 in .416 Rigby blue/Walnut and have an opportunity to buy a No 1 in .416 Rigby in Stainless/laminate. I don't need 2 {For that matter I don't hunt elephants and the wife would argue I don't need 1} Which to keep, which to sell and what are they worth?

and if you did ever find yourself hunting large grey critters... they would laugh if it was stainless... and with a plywood stock... keep the real one

winchester348

Single-Sixer
This is definitely a 1st world country problem. :lol: I may be posting the stainless one on here for sale. Any ideas on realistic pricing since folks on GB are asking a bloomin mint for them?

CLAYPOOL

Single-Sixer
My word : I keep telling you people to keep/buy/trade for all of the guns you can get. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIVE FOREVER. BUY - BUY- BUY Enjoy while you can.. My kids said there going to have a fist fight as soon as they plant me. YES you do need 2 of them. Why in the word not..?

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
I suppose if you were hunting big bears in coastal Alaska , the weather resistant one would be good. Otherwise Traditional ctg deserves blue steel & walnut.

Fact is that humans, at least in North America, are getting larger and larger.... when the revolution comes you might need two big rifles.... heck, if it will stop and elephant it will probably stop a Humvee. Even with that poor joke, I agree with keeping what you got... investment.

toysoldier

Hunter
What's more important to you---style or function?

I love the classic rifles in walnut/blued steel, and if you are mostly going to look at it, that's the one. If it will be a tool that sees hard use in harvesting game, go with stainless/laminate.

tinman

Buckeye
toysoldier said:
What's more important to you---style or function?..... if you are mostly going to look at it, that's the one. If it will be a tool that sees hard use in harvesting game, go with stainless/laminate.

.............what he said........ :idea:

winchester348

Single-Sixer
Well since the blued one already has a scope mounted and sighted in on it. I kept the blued one. Can't afford to feed two.
Gave someone on here a pretty good deal on the stainless one.