Oh What a Beautiful Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Last year I shot a muley doe with one of my Ruger bisley 45's when it had a fiber optic sight on it at 58 yds using a 260 gr Keith & 18.5 grs of 2400. A few days ago I received another one of 2dogs great front sights & decided to put it on this same bisley 45 along with a Bowen Target rear sight. When I went to the range yesterday I was shooting high & was out of adjustment so this morning I pulled the Bowen sight & put the factory Ruger rear sight back on & went back to the range for a rematch.

I started out at 25 yds & fired 5 rounds & looked through the Sworovski's & I was 2-3 inches low. I made an adjustment & ran 5 more down range & things tightened up a bit & were about right for elevation. These first 10 rounds were old loads I was wanting to shoot up because they weren't powder coated, but it was the same load I had used on the deer last year. Next I stapled up a Ram target at 50 yds & when I started to load the gun I had one round left of the old stuff & everything else was powder coated. No problem, I'd see how they compared. I was really liking this new sight Fermin is making, it's fantastic. Anyway, I run the first uncoated round & looked & couldn't see it so I figure it's in the black. I shoot the next 4 that are powder coated & I can see each one of them, I was shocked.

This is actually better than I can shoot at 50 yds but there was a definite difference in impact besides grouping compared to the 25 yd target. I'll use this gun in the next few days to hunt another muley, just not in the mud. I'm can't express how impressed I am with these new 2dogs sights.

One thing to remember, even though most of mine are all 1/10" that's not for everyone or every barrel length. If you have a longer barrel, say 7 1/2" or 10" then you will probably want a wider sight or you will have too much daylight at the rear. On a short barrel like mine .100" might be just right, maybe not. If you have doubts talk with Fermin or perhaps John Taffin will chime in, John favors longer barreled guns & most likely a little bit wider front sight for more precise shooting.
5LOEaakh.jpg

HySH4ebh.jpg

VDX9xwnh.jpg

zxagzPhh.jpg

N05zslJh.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
If I read this right,, the first shot,, with an older, non PCed bullet hit the center of the ram,, while the next 4 made that nice tiny cluster? One of those holes looks like a double to me. SWEET!!!!!!
That may make me get a couple of those front sights for a few of my SS sixguns!