Off topic - food pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
A few here seem to have an appreciation of cooking and food, so I'll share my recent work. It's been very cold, which is when I tend to cook more. All my baking projects start with water, flour and yeast. Enjoy:

Ham and onion thick pizza:
IMG_1647.jpg

Soft pretzels today - to go with wings while we watch the Jets whip the Bengals:
IMG_1650.jpg

cphilip

Bearcat
Grilled fresh Cobia with Yellow rice and home canned Roma Beans

IMG_0946.jpg

Smoked Chicken anyone?

ChickenSmoke1.jpg

And I just could not resist this one of my Grandson eating his Watermellon. The boy loves his Watermellon....

IMG_0243-1.jpg

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Why I'd be mighty proud and honored, to partake in the over consumption of any, and all, of that fine looking cuisine . Buuuuurrrrppppp............. :D :D :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Swampbilly

Single-Sixer
Dude...you made homemade pretzels...YOU are da man !!

I LOVE pretzels, but never tried baking them myself. I'm inspired....

MD

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
I'm starting up a monster-sized batch of pretzels to go with our wings tonight at our little Super Bowl party. They're not difficult to make if you are used to making and handling dough. Here's a recipe for those that want to give it a try:

Mix the following and let sit 5 minutes until the yeast blooms

1 cup milk warmed to ~90f
1 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar

Add bread flour and all-purpose flour in a ratio of approximately 3:1 until you have a soft dough - still slightly sticky. Let rise 1 hour. Form pretzels and let them rise for 15 minutes or so. Drop 2-3 at a time into a pot of about 3 quarts boiling water and 2 tablespoons baking soda. remove and drain after 60-90 seconds. Let water evaporate and lightly brush with egg white. Sprinkle big crystals of salt on them and put into a preheated 425f oven for about 15 minutes - keep an eye on them.

The portions shown yield about 5-6 pretzels. Double or triple as needed.

KTM

Single-Sixer
March, 2009, breakfast at the hunting cabin scrambled eggs with peppers, mushrooms, cheese and bacon, sausage and toast. Cooked in a cast iron griddle. It was too warm out to cook on the old Monarch wood stove so we used the gas stove.

Cabin_Breakfast.jpg

Latest posts