odd P94

Help Support Ruger Forum:

copierfixer

Bearcat
Hi all,
Just saw a P94DC with a built-in laser. can anyone here shed some light on this pistol? the laser is built into the lower frame. s.n. 308-26xxx. i have never seen one before. thanks.

9x19

Hunter
They were built in the early 90s (IIRC) with the Law Enforcement market in mind, then sold to civilians as a clearance item.

The colllectors here can give you more info from the RENE guide, I'm sure.

9x19

Hunter
Sorry, I'm a shooter and value guns based solely on their utility... others value them based on uniqueness or some nebulous desirability.

The built in lasers made holster selection near impossible so utility is limited for me. I've seen several of them over the years and have always passed.

aaronrb204

Bearcat
I think it was called P94DCL or something like that. There was a guy who used to post all the time who had one. He was trying to collect one of each of the P series in all of their variations.

meanc

Single-Sixer
The bad part about those particular p94s is that there are no replacement parts available for the laser. The company who made them for Ruger are no longer in business.

So if the laser happens to fail, and most do, especially with extended use, recoil and/or a drop, there's no way to have it repaired or replaced.

I've passed on 2 or 3 over the years because the laser was no longer functional.

If it does go bad you just end up with a heavier P94.

I've never had the laser out of one, but I'm certain someone could fabricate one that could work as the original.

OH WOW Just saw one of these built in laser models. The first thing that came to my mind was, does the laser sill work. The gun shop owner "didn't know" if it worked. So he let me try it. When it did NOT work, all of the sudden its a: "its probably just a dead battery" hmm... Well I was wondering about the availability of parts for the laser unit, but your post answered all. Thnx

inisfree

Bearcat
I have a P94 DC and love it and always wished it had a laser..eyesight is starting to go. To bad there is not a rail mount that can be fitted onto the frame.