OD SR9- New Viridian laser for us!! **UPDATE w/ PICS**

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kscott

Single-Sixer
Viridian has now come out with the Viridian laser for the SR9 in the OD green color. They also have a new promo that accommodates SR9's purchased since Jan '09. I called today about it and the lady said that it was nearly ready to be shipped out and that it should be shipping next week. I've already got my order in!

recoilguy

Bearcat
Cool is it the green one? Let us know what you think of it. I looked at the offer when I bought mine and lost it or something. It looks very well built.
I for one would be interested in your opinion of it.

RCG

kscott

Single-Sixer
Will do recoilguy, I should get in a week or so, and I'll definitely give my opinion.

If you haven't seen the old thread about the Viridian laser for the SR9, I'd recommend checking it out. Some people on here already have and have tested the laser. Everyone seemed pretty pleased with it, but Check it out for their opinions.

Blizzard

Bearcat
Has the delivery time improved at all?

Posts back in the spring indicate about 4-5 weeks delivery time.

kscott

Single-Sixer
I'm not sure Blizzard... she acted like it would ship next week, but I could have misread her. I'll get back with y'all when I get it.

Blizzard

Bearcat
I ordered mine yesterday. I did it all online including the proof of purchase, so I didn't get to talk to anyone. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Anybody know if they have lefty Blackhawk holsters for this promotion??

:?

Blizzard

Bearcat
I just received an email from Viridian. The good news is that they will ship in 1 or 2 days. The bad news, holster offer expired on 9/30/09. :lol: :(

Blizzard

Bearcat
Is there a simple outside carry cloth holster that will work on a SR9 with a Virdian laser ??

kscott

Single-Sixer
I'm really not sure about that??

Update: I got an email yesterday saying they received my Proof of Purchase and that the current ship time is 1-2 days after the proof is received, so I should probably get it next week assuming the new product gets released on time.

Blizzard

Bearcat
I rec'd the same email on Monday. So today I called them to see if it had shipped. I was told that it had not shipped and that there had been a computer foul up. I just rec'd the same email again saying it would be shipped in 1-2 days.

I got the holster while it was still on promo. It was a Blackhawk Size 16. I don't find it on their websight however. It was a nylon holster with extra room for the Viridian laser. It had a plastic thumbreak that was adjustable with velcro. It fits the SR9 well, but it's bulky, too big to conceal IMO. Except under a roomy coat.

Blizzard

Bearcat
Looks like my Viridian was finally shipped with an expected delivery date of Oct. 28th. I feel better, but I really wanted it for the weekend. Oh, well .... :)

kscott

Single-Sixer
Emailed Viridian today and received an email within an hour or so saying that the OD green is a little behind when they thought it'd be out, but they say that they should be able to begin shipping later this week. So I'm hoping that I will get it either late this week or early next week.

Blizzard

Bearcat
Mine arrived yesterday.

It is very cool and I am very happy with it so far !!

I haven't shot with it, but I did do an intial setup with my laser boresight. I had the big green dot (Viridian) chasing the little red dot (boresight), until they merged. Then the red dot couldn't be seen anymore, because the green dot is so much brighter.

It is fairly difficult to get the unit off the rail, but that may improve as time goes on. I don't intend to remove it very often.

The standard release button to get it off the rail sticks out of the left side about 1/8" and less on the other side. But, it comes with an alternate release gizmo which is flush with the housing so that it won't catch on a holster.

S&W Fan

Bearcat
Im curious, what kind of holster will work with that laser sight. i just orderded one from highnoon, but in the meantime iv found that my supertuck from crossbreed for my cz, kinda holds my ruger. just no retension. If you can name a few good holsters, ill look into getn that laser!

kscott

Single-Sixer
Blizzard- did you get the OD green one or just the regular black one? I'm away from my shipping address this weekend so I hope to see that it has arrived when I get back. Don't worry there are still people there that are getting my mail. Haha