NZ / Blonde Laminated 10/22 - How Common? Value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

yonkerss

Bearcat
Hi,

I just recently ran across a local person selling some NIB laminated 10/22s that I picked up. Two of them are blonde laminated stocks, I have never seen this color before and was curious to get more information on them.

Both are NIB 1993 10/22s. One is stainless, the other is blued. Their model numbers make them 'NZ' guns.

What would anyone consider these are worth? How common / uncommon are they?

Worth leaving NIB or should I hit the range with them :)

Here is a quick pic of the blued one (both are in box with all original pieces / literature):

IMG_0314.jpg

yonkerss

Bearcat
Well I live in Michigan, so obviously North American market. The other one not pictured that I got at the same time is stainless in finish.

I have never seen one. If you want one to shoot I'll swap you a brand new in the box, black all weather 10-22. Just let me know. I would clear a spot in the back row and it would be nice and cozy with some older friends.

yonkerss

Bearcat
AJGunner - I appreciate the offer but will decline :) I have a couple 'shooter' 10/22s already. I bought both of these because they were unique (at least I have never seen them before), NIB 1993 10/22s and the price was good.

Just trying to find a little more info on them. I have heard around 4,000 were made but I can not find any actual proof or info if this was the case or not.

A guy on rimfirecentral had just a blond stock for sale about 6 months ago. I missed it by minutes. I don't remember if it was laminated or not. You might shoot him a note at rimfiretechnolgy I believe (spokane, WA).

Let me know if you change your mind on a possible trade. I do have others that may interest you.

ten22

Single-Sixer
RB-NZ were approx. 4000 made, serial range 235 and 237 prefix.

I've never seen a stainless one, unless there is an end label that says krb-nz or something, it may not be factory.

Oh, and they shipped with a bushnell scope.

yonkerss

Bearcat
Thanks for the info!

I will get more info. The stainless one is at my parents house but will get more info. Both of these I assume are completely original and as far as I can tell did not ship with the scopes. They were packed in the boxes, in original paper and plastic wrap, filler screws in gun, mount in paper envelope stapled to the owner's manual. They person I got them from bought them new in '93 or '94 at gun shows.

I will call down there and get the catalogue number tomorrow to see if it has the K in it.

yonkerss

Bearcat
Numbers off the box of the stainless:

Catalog # K10/22RB-NZ, odd part the "-NZ" is hand written, not factory printed.
Model # 1116
Serial # 238-593XX

Numbers off the box of the blued:

Catalog # 10/22RB-NZ
Model # 1125
Serial # 237-899XX

chet15

Hawkeye
yonkerss":1n8h97ke said:
Numbers off the box of the stainless:

Catalog # K10/22RB-NZ, odd part the "-NZ" is hand written, not factory printed.
Model # 1116
Serial # 238-593XX

Numbers off the box of the blued:

Catalog # 10/22RB-NZ
Model # 1125
Serial # 237-899XX

Here's what I have on the 10/22-NZ

10/22RB-NZ (Ruger model 1125) special distributor model. Features "Natural" maple laminated stock. Known s/n range 235-46065 to 235-67599, 237-58004 to 238-07338 and 253-58585. 4,000 made for Ruger distributors All Sports, Inc., CSI Ltd., and Henry's Tackle and Sporting Goods, Inc. in 1993 and sold with or without a Bushnell Sharpshooter scope and Bushnell scope rings (aftermarket scope and scope rings not shipped with the gun from the Ruger factory).

This stuff's quite a bit more current than Workman's book. A lot has happened in the years since that was printed. And you can find it in my references.

You will want to call the factory on your K10/22-NZ. This is also the first I've heard of that model, but the problem I have is...Ruger's model number 1116 is for their standard stainless 10/22 with birch stock, model K10/22RB. Ruger's policy is to have every model that is "different" to also have a different model number (this is Ruger's SKU system), but stranger things have happened. If you can get it to letter as K10/22-NZ you've got a great gun there!
When you get an answer on that one, please drop me a P.M. so I can get your info added into the reference. :wink:
Chet15

yonkerss

Bearcat
Chet15 -

Thanks for the info! I will call the factory Monday to see what the story is. Maybe somebody swapped out the stocks but I could not see the advantage to doing this way back then and not then trying to sell it as 'special' or at least mentioning it to the person I bought it from.

chet15

Hawkeye
Well, Ruger had various cleanups of some of these models, so nothing would surprise me...like putting a leftover stock on a stainless action, but Ruger's model number 1116 is stumping me...and kind of a no-no with Ruger as far as their system goes.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
yonkerss":2qnfwdgq said:
So as a general rule even when they did 'clean up' with misc parts these guns still generally got a different model number?

Yes....if Ruger did build a stainless 10/22 with NZ stock, they would have sent it out as a different model (its important for them to be able to identify the model if they get customer inquiries).
IF your gun does come back as K10/22RB-NZ model 1116, it would be a first I've heard of where they didn't follow their own policy.
Chet15