Numbers Game

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Well I can't run with the big dogs. But here are my consecutive guns. Picked up the 2nd set today.
All NIB
Serial #207 + 208 as well as #82 with medal numbered to gun. Anyone have #81 or 83?

Picked up 374 and 375 today.

radicalrod

Hunter
Well be careful....you don't want to end up like ME :shock: :shock: :shock:

I dream about numbers even when I sleep :lol: :lol: :lol: KEEP IT UP...RR

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Yes, I used to own the number 70 rifles. I made a deal with Gary Tiede for them but had to give them back when my job took a 40% cut in pay. I somehow came away with an ST Flat Bolt 7 mag that had been refinished. The 77/22 showed up in Tulsa after about five years, the Potato Farmer picked it up for me and eventually to John. All ancient history. Here's a pic of what they looked like:

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
I do know that the #70 No.1 has about the best wood I have ever seen in a No.1!! I know where the 2 mini's are, and the 20 & 12 gauge Red Labels. Might could get the minis back, but the shotgun owner is pretty proud of them.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
The No.1 is an S22L 7 Mag Alex Henry with vertical rings. It has a exceptional piece of wood! Also nice wood on the Deerstalker 44 Carbine. I'm not sure where all these ended up. I know the handguns and shotguns were sold seperately at an auction in Las Vegas.

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
Got back together the 10/22, 77, 44 carbine, 28 gauge red label and the 77/22. Thanks to everyone who has helped getting them back together.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
The number 71 rifle was an early one with no Bolt Guide. Notice the straight wood at the eject port and rounded butt pad. I think the number 70 rifle was a late ship with Bolt Guide and cut down stock at the eject port. It also has a square butt pad. Ruger was famous for not finishing guns with special numbers until production was well under way, which explains the late features on number 70.

Lem

Bearcat
Can I play?

P3260207.jpg

48.jpg

P3260209.jpg

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Nice on the SS Old Army. The #48 brings to mind a recent acquisition of Ruger papers. There were 4 RCA Certificates from many years ago on the RSS, LTWT, 357 Flattop and the Deerstalker for this number 48. The owner of the Certificates never owned them.
Anyone know where they are today??

Here are my consecutive serial number guns:

Won these at the ROCS banquet at the OGCA show this July:

These I refurbished (came from a prison system) and these were bought a least a year apart, sometimes you get lucky:

Here is one corner of my shop where they reside. I am having brass plates engraved with the models and s/n's to attach to the display cases:

Here is a slightly different twist on the numbers game. Both guns are from the first part of the 1900s and both have the exact same three digit serial number - 146. The one is a Smith & Wesson New Century aka triple lock in 44 Special and the other is a Colt Police Positive Target in 22 WRM. Thanks to Heliman for letting me snag the Colt. I have one other mixed brand identical serial number set and it is a Ruger Blackhawk type 1 flat top 357 and a first year Remington Model 700 7mm Mag from 1962. Both of these guns are serial number 2468.

radicalrod

Hunter
Robb Barnes said:
Here is a slightly different twist on the numbers game. Both guns are from the first part of the 1900s and both have the exact same three digit serial number - 146. The one is a Smith & Wesson New Century aka triple lock in 44 Special and the other is a Colt Police Positive Target in 22 WRM. Thanks to Heliman for letting me snag the Colt. I have one other mixed brand identical serial number set and it is a Ruger Blackhawk type 1 flat top 357 and a first year Remington Model 700 7mm Mag from 1962. Both of these guns are serial number 2468.

THANKS ROBB, now I gotta start matching COLTS to my RUGER serial numbers :shock: :shock: :shock: that show prove challenging.....RR