Number 1 Varminter .22-250

Help Support Ruger Forum:

felix cortinas

Bearcat
I own lots of Rugers and owned 2 #3s over the years, I dont visit this site too often so this may have been discussed. I am looking to buy a new Number One Varminter in .22-250, I have never owned a #1 so I am curious if the Varminter with its heavy barrel should be a real shooter. I aint looking for a tack driver and I have always heard that single shot rifles like the #1 are pretty much what you get as far as accuracy. anyone own one, familiar with one and what I should expect. thanks.

picketpin

Buckeye
Nobopdy is shooting one in bench rest comnpetition. That being said as a varmint rifle with the correct loads for your rifle it will in all likelyhood outshoot you.

I have several #1s in 22-250 two "B"s Standard Rifles and 2 "V"s Varminters. With the prefered load for each rifle they each shoot sub MOA. One of my "V"S shoots consistent .500 5 shot groups if I do my part, with the load the rifle likes.

There are certainly accurate enough for everyday varmint hunting.

Ross

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
Get one! You will like it.
Most No.1's shoot well as they come out of the box. If not, they can be improved. Plenty of "experts" around here that can offer good advice.