NRA Mini-14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

OysterMan

Bearcat
I apologize ahead of time since I'm sure that this question has been asked and answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Is there a muzzle brake and/or flash suppressor that will fit the NRA Mini-14? And if so, would you please provide the link(s).

I looked around the PerfectUnion but again must be looking in the wrong places because I couldn't find a definitive answer. Even emailed Ruger but got back the canned reply... "Unfortunately, this is not a service we offer and do not recommend altering any of our firearms from the original configuration."

Thanks for any help...

I think any of the slip & pin on or even the ones that require you replace the front sights breaks will work.

I think Choate makes one of the better ones but it requires to old sight to be removed. I'm pretty sure John Mason makes one that just slips on around the existing sight and pins.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
OysterMan":1lwr720o said:
I apologize ahead of time since I'm sure that this question has been asked and answered somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Is there a muzzle brake and/or flash suppressor that will fit the NRA Mini-14? And if so, would you please provide the link(s).

I looked around the PerfectUnion but again must be looking in the wrong places because I couldn't find a definitive answer. Even emailed Ruger but got back the canned reply... "Unfortunately, this is not a service we offer and do not recommend altering any of our firearms from the original configuration."

Thanks for any help...

I suggest having it threaded for a 1/2-28 (standard AR thread) to take advantage of all the FH and suppressor choices. :mrgreen:

OysterMan

Bearcat
Thanks for the replies.

I had read about the John Mason ones, but it seemed they would slip on and fit on most Mini-14 models except the NRA Edition. I guess removing the front sight and threading the barrel is the way to go.