NRA Endowment gun for an NRA Endowment member

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
endowment005.jpg

I guess the factory display box is worth more than the gun even with a serial number under 500.

Any reasonible guess as to the value.

BTW not of sale (yet)

last we saw of the 3 digit guns for sale ,they were in the $350-375 range...much less for the higher numbers...the 2 digit guns, like the one we have , were in the $450 range....the cases, much like the 50th anniversary Single six case of the same 2002-2003 era, was in the $229-249 range, and were made by Gerstner case company ( they make the large, wooden machinist tool chests)very well made by the way....that insert that you see on the top was the "add on" for whichever gun was to be in the case.....Ruger dropped them from the line quite some time ago....
the inside of the box, has that almost like a "bean/sand bag" and would fit any of the guns 'outline'. also nicely done...........
the entire 'package' ( gun with all the paper work ,case,etc and the "presentation" wooden case) I would put in the $650-750 range ,for a 'low numbered' gun.......as I said, last saw one, "as pictured" in the $500-550 range at the OGCA some time ago, was a 5 digit serial number and it sold. with that set-up, and not being available as shown, an auction would be the way to go.............very nice

here's the same case but for the Single Six Anniversary gun and its plastic case...............

Annivset2003.jpg

JCCVaquero

Bearcat
Thanks for the post. Maybe I should have bought one of each. They would have made an interesting collection in and of themselves. Ruger sent me a catalog. The showed three tops, one Ruger, one single six and one endowment. As an endowment member with the special gun, well the choice seemed simple.

John