NRA Banquet Charger bought, comp/w box and papers for $225.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tallbald

Buckeye
Wife is buying this off a local yard sale site (we can still do this in Kentucky without Big Brother intruding) and the seller says they got it at a 2009 NRA banquet. Won it maybe? Will ask her if it doesn't feel intrusive when we go to complete the deal. It has red and gray laminate stock and all factory items. Supposedly shot once and put away. Won't pick it up until tomorrow. Where do NRA banquet items come from? LGS donations? I told my loving wife I think she got a bargain. She says it's beautiful, and will make her have a pair of Chargers (I have none :cry: ). Thoughts please? Don

contender

Ruger Guru
I'd bet it was Friends of the NRA banquet. They are held annually around the country, to raise money for the non-profit, shooting educational portion of the NRA.
Some guns are available from the NRA & are specials for events, and others are purchased or donated to an event to raise money.

Tallbald

Buckeye
Sorry folks. Family illness came up with mother-in-law being hospitalized. Will try to get pictures up when things settle down. Wife and I are primary go-to caregivers for my inlaws, with her sibs being located out of town, unable to get there, working, etc etc. My loving wife once told her sibs "you know, it gets hard being an only child". Hmmm. Don

eveled

Hawkeye
Tallbald, I sent some thoughts and prayers your way, hope it all works out for you and your family. The pictures can wait. Ed