NR 9 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chance

Buckeye
Picked up a NR9, sn# 64-1115x, at the gun show in Wickenburg, Az today with some strange characteristics.

9 1/2" Inc. bbl with no Liberty or Warning rollmarks. Aluminum erh

Grip frame is XR3-Red, Walnut grips with black eagles.

Came with Mag cylinder scribed to gun. Cylinder is fluted without firing pin groove. No 22lr cylinder.

Cylinder frame is completely plum. Beautiful.

Are the missing rollmarks and inclusion of black eagles correct for this 1975 gun? No box or paperwork

Thanks as always

Looks more like a 1975 gun, so no liberty markings. Call Ruger to be sure of configuration it left factory. Possibly a convertable gun that lost it's LR cylinder?

I'd like to see that plum color if you get the chance to post a picture.

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, it wasn't too long after your gun was built that Ruger started changing the cylinder configurations. The LR cylinder was no longer machined with a firing pin groove and the mag cylinder was no longer fluted and was rollmarked .22 Mag. This all happened between the time your gun was made and the time Ruger began rollmarking the blue guns with the Liberty rollmarking.
Chet15

Chance

Buckeye
Figured this was kind of cobbed together and that was confirmed when I pulled the grips off today. The grip panel dowel is a cut off #10 screw, but the grips do have the black escutcheons and screw. Am getting a NM 22LR cylinder tomorrow.

Found some imitation ivory grips that are now on the gun. They will have to do until I can find some silver eagles. Did shoot it yesterday and everything functions as advertised.

Frame needs some TLC jimbo but here are a few pics. The "full house" serial number is kinda cool.

GHfinds028.jpg

GHfinds032.jpg

GHfinds036.jpg

Chance

Buckeye
Just got back from picking up a proper LR cylinder with firing pin groove. Now a box. That should be easy to find, RIGH?