Now they've gone too far!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Wyandot Jim said:
You don't need to be overseas to drink and/or appreciate imported beers ... I figured you'd realize that ....

No Rev Imported beer is never as good as it is in the country of origin. The long boat ride just doesn't do it justice. May be why they put formaldehyde in it to preserve some of it. :wink:

I KNOW American Beer sure tasted terrible when I was over in Korea; Give me good old icy "OB" ever time.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
sliclee said:
Beer?? Try to find real good beer in this country,
Many years ago, I"m giving my age away, beer was delicious to drink,it wasn't so much alcohol, had taste and as govt allowed
more alki so went the taste
Becks, Lowenbrau,Heinekens to name a few great beers; when October fest came all those companies sent their best dark,thick beer here, no more, Americans don't know anymore"great beer taste". SAD

I LIKE Bodington's Ale once in a blue moon when I drink a Beer/Ale; it tastes good and when you pour it into a glass, it gets a nice Head on it. It's a bit pricey though

I think if I was Guinness, I would tell the Vegans to stuff it! If Vegans want beer, buy someone else's, or make your own! I don't drink beer- yech. I do drink wine on rare occasion. The more expensive dry wines taste like crap. IMO . I used to make my own semi-sweet, and sweet. I threw out stuff that tasted like what I could by in the store.
gramps

powder smoke

Hawkeye
gramps said:
I think if I was Guinness, I would tell the Vegans to stuff it!
gramps

I agree! Beer nectar of the gods never had one I did not like or wouldn't drink.
Guinness is not my brew, but it's ok. The beauty of it is micro breweries popping up
everywhere always something different around to tickle your palate. Love trying different brews. ps

I usually drink dark German Beer, made in Germany... stopped drinking Becks Dark when they sold out... but I have no problem with Guiness.. but then I don't drink lots of beer, usually one at a meal is enough for me... not the way it seems most guys drink American Beer or as my late father in law called it belly swill. Seems Bud lite is the beer of litter bugs.

skeeter

Single-Sixer
I don't know how you could possibly rate beers by best to worst. I sometimes want a dark porter and sometimes a wheat beer, sometimes even one with fruit in it! They all have a unique and different taste that I have come to enjoy since I started brewing my own. Just because I don't care for it at the time, I may like it at a different time depending on the food with it. I tend to stay wasy from the big comercial breweries, not much time for Bud or Miller. I buy beer by the 4 pack and t=not the 24 pack. Quality not quantity.

Colonialgirl said:
Wyandot Jim said:
You don't need to be overseas to drink and/or appreciate imported beers ... I figured you'd realize that ....

No Rev Imported beer is never as good as it is in the country of origin. The long boat ride just doesn't do it justice. May be why they put formaldehyde in it to preserve some of it. :wink:

I KNOW American Beer sure tasted terrible when I was over in Korea; Give me good old icy "OB" ever time.

Yep Don't know how long it took to get a US beer from here to there. How ever long was enough to make them taste like crap. Always thought it was the Formaldehyde.
Have to agree with you CG, had many OB Burgers for lunch while in Olsan Korea and while throwing darts after work. Good stuff.
After drinking Canadian beer for 6 months took awhile to acquire my taste for US beer when I returned to the US. At least an hour or so. :D

Latest posts