Now they've gone too far!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toysoldier

Hunter
Vegans have forced a change in the recipe for Guiness.

http://myconnection.cox.com/article/trending/aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVudGlmaWVycy5jbWdkaWdpdGFsLmNvbS9tZWRsZXkvcHJvZC9uZXdzLm1lZGxleXN0b3J5LzMxMjI1MzAv/

Fortunately, it only affects the brewery in Ireland.

montegomx70

Single-Sixer
Wyandot Jim said:
I always wondered what made it taste like crap. :wink: I thought it might just be the Guinness brewed in the US. Well I had one in a pub in London that was built in 1400s or so. It still taste like crap. :D :D

+1 never my fav. yuk

revhigh

Hawkeye
Let me guess .... We're only supposed to drink beer made in America .... Right ? Like Schlitz or Schmidt's or Pabst or some other disgusting swill while we're driving our Shiverlay pick em up trucks ... :roll:

REV

GRAMPS 51

Buckeye
Hi I don't drink much but I do love beer I can say I cant ever remember not finishing one I started until now I had one sip and pored it out on the ground NASTY STUFF

Gramps

Dan in MI

Staff member
revhigh said:
Let me guess .... We're only supposed to drink beer made in America .... Right ? Like Schlitz or Schmidt's or Pabst or some other disgusting swill while we're driving our Shiverlay pick em up trucks ... :roll:

REV

You can have all a Sapporo you want.

Give me a good dark beer any day.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Dan in MI said:
revhigh said:

REV

You can have all a Sapporo you want.

Give me a good dark beer any day.

Last time I checked .... Guinness was a dark beer .....

And thanks .... But i'll pass on the Sapporo .... Not very partial to ANY of the Japanese beers ... I'll take some Sake though ... :D

REV

revhigh said:

REV

Well Rev,
Lets just say I have drank a few beers in probably 20 different countries while either visiting or living in them.. Yea our beer isn't the best when compared to some of the Britt and German beer.
Bottom line and from a BeerO. Guinness still taste like CRAP and yea I have drank some of the worlds best DARK BEER.
So where have you drank beer to be the expert??? :wink: :wink:
Another topic you don't have a clue aboutIMHO

revhigh

Hawkeye
Wyandot Jim said:
revhigh said:

REV

Well Rev,
Lets just say I have drank a few beers in probably 20 different countries while either visiting or living in them.. Yea our beer isn't the best when compared to some of the Britt and German beer.
Bottom line and from a BeerO. Guinness still taste like CRAP and yea I have drank some of the worlds best DARK BEER.

You don't need to be overseas to drink and/or appreciate imported beers ... I figured you'd realize that ....

Anybody who says Guinness tastes like crap is clearly in the overwhelming minority or just plain doesn't know beers. Sorry. Maybe you can enlighten us on what a good beer is ....

http://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-great-beer-list-best-beers-from-around-the-world

REV

You don't need to be overseas to drink and/or appreciate imported beers ... I figured you'd realize that ....

No Rev Imported beer is never as good as it is in the country of origin. The long boat ride just doesn't do it justice. May be why they put formaldehyde in it to preserve some of it. :wink:

ProfessorWes

Hunter
I'm not much of a beer drinker, alas. I prefer an occasional glass of whiskey: Jim Beam's Devil's Cut, Jack Daniels, and (when I can afford it) that sweet nectar of the Great White North, Crown Royal.

Can't say I was impressed with Guinness, the one time I tried it. And most of the domestic beers, to me, taste like they need to be poured back into the horse. Except Budweiser; the poor Clydesdales' kidneys are clearly in terrible shape as it is . . . :p

Now if I could find a domestic source for Stuttgarter Hofbrau, Kloister Schwarzbrau or the Czech-brewed Budweiser Budvar (I'm told the latter is called "Czechvar" on this side of the Atlantic, to avoid confusion with that awful crap bottled in St. Louis; for similar reasons, American Budweiser is called "Bud" in Europe) that might be a different story . . . :wink:

sfhogman

Buckeye
The living corpse of San Francisco Ca USA
I remember drinking Singha in northern Thailand many years ago...you could actually taste the formaldehyde. Now THAT was a hangover.
Yet that that you get in the US is just fine. Probly something about pure food and all that...
Jeff

737tdi

Hunter
If you bought it and gave it to me that is always the best beer. I do have to say the worst beer I ever tried to drink was in Marseille FR. We were on liberty and stopped at the first local pub we came to. Ordered up our beers, they only had one brand, it was European cold and initially tasted OK. Well after drinking about half of what would be about a 24 oz. beer here we started looking at each other a little funny and I finally spoke up and asked, are y'alls lips getting numb? It was a 100% yes, and my tongue felt like I had been to the dentist for a root canal. Don't remember the name of the beer or know what was in it but it was weird stuff.

As far as Guinness I can handle a black and tan every once in a while. But as I said, free beer is the best beer.

Karl

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Wyandot Jim said:
revhigh said:

REV

Well Rev,

Anybody who says Guinness tastes like crap is clearly in the overwhelming minority or just plain doesn't know beers. Sorry. Maybe you can enlighten us on what a good beer is ....

http://m.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-great-beer-list-best-beers-from-around-the-world

REV

C'mon now Rev.
First even though Guinness is subjectively ranked at the top of that list, it still also has the most down votes of the top 10, which means he's not in the overwhelming minority. Secondly everyone knows most tastes, and alcohol especially, are incredibly subjective. Good, expensive beer, wine, etc. doesn't always mean best - or tastes best - to anyone, and ranking them is just illogical. Personally I'm not a big beer drinker, I'll have one every couple months, but I generally like darker beers and I dislike Guinness. It's like starbucks coffee to me, just tastes burnt and overdone.

sliclee

Single-Sixer
Beer?? Try to find real good beer in this country,
Many years ago, I"m giving my age away, beer was delicious to drink,it wasn't so much alcohol, had taste and as govt allowed
more alki so went the taste
Becks, Lowenbrau,Heinekens to name a few great beers; when October fest came all those companies sent their best dark,thick beer here, no more, Americans don't know anymore"great beer taste". SAD

737tdi

Hunter
sliclee said:
Beer?? Try to find real good beer in this country,
Many years ago, I"m giving my age away, beer was delicious to drink,it wasn't so much alcohol, had taste and as govt allowed
more alki so went the taste
Becks, Lowenbrau,Heinekens to name a few great beers; when October fest came all those companies sent their best dark,thick beer here, no more, Americans don't know anymore"great beer taste". SAD

This comment is pure insanity. There are more different types of beer in this country then ever. IPAs, malts, pilsners, etc. etc.. There has never been a period in American history where you had a greater selection of beer. This is not a guess, opinion, theory. It is a fact.

Go to your local brew pub. You will find some have hundreds of world wide beers/ales. Hell I know one in San Antonio that has 101 on draught. Sorry for the education but this is just wrong. Go to Denver, Portland, Seattle, San Diego, San Antonio, Dallas, Kansas City...you will find every beer known to man and they sale very well. Go ahead and give it a try. You will never find the end of different brews.

Karl

Latest posts