Notice anything-

Help Support Ruger Forum:

about this stainless bisley? I can't wait for it to get back home to see how it feels. Good thing you can't get shot for turning a silk purse into your own private sows ear that fits your stubby little thumb better. :lol:
FABisley.jpg

P1010072.jpg

It is a standard size Ruger bisley hammer spur replacing the normal FA hammer spur. Every SA I own has a ruger bisley spur due to having a short strong side thumb that has been broken up pretty bad. I talked like a dutch uncle to get Alan Harton to try this and he said is was NOT easy and he hoped to never do one again. Something about putting an Edsel grill on a Rolls Royce were his words if I recall correctly. I am waiting for it to return to see if it works out like I envisioned when I first proposed the project.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Was gonna say, you can see a bit of the weld where the spur was attatched. Neat idea!

At first Alan was trying to make the weld totally invisible but due to different thicknesses in the two hammers, it was very tough. I talked to him and told him since it was for my own personal use and I have NO idea selling the gun, don't worry about the weld fillett showing and that made things much simpler.

M. HALL

Bearcat
Robb Barnes":1xa0l4d0 said:
At first Alan was trying to make the weld totally invisible but due to different thicknesses in the two hammers, it was very tough. I talked to him and told him since it was for my own personal use and I have NO idea selling the gun, don't worry about the weld fillett showing and that made things much simpler.

That looks fantastic! Any chance that you could post a picture of how the hammer is positioned when cocked?

Thanks for the post.

Matt