'nother rarity shipped from Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Did anybody pick up any of the stainless fixed sight Vaquero style Single-Sixes that a distributor had recently??? I think it was either Davidson's or Williams? Anyway, when I saw that they were selling stainless fixed sight Vaquero style Single-Sixes (the high polish guns) I figured they'd be yet another batch of "cleanup" guns, but didn't know if they'd have the rollmark on the side of the barrel or on the bottom of the barrel.

Well....rollmark on bottom of barrel!! Models GKNR5F and GKNR6F.
This in itself should be a key to the rarity of those two guns, since both were discontinued about a decade ago.
But you know the real kicker? Some of these guns have a 265- prefix serial number! :shock: Yes....out-of-sequence guns!!!
First reported is a GKNR6F serial number 265-13437 (remember that Vaquero style Single-Sixes should have a 268- prefix!!). Did anybody else get into any of these rare guns!!!
To me, this out-of-sequence gun should be just as important a rarity as the OM 244xxx range out-of-sequence Single-Sixes!!
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Sheesh! Some of you guys are kinda boring! I know there are some 265-prefixed Vaquero style stainless Single-Sixes out there.....and at least one of you here on RF has sold one of them to another RF member...I assume without even knowing it!
This is an important discovery folks! The time to cherry-pick this one is now.
I know, its a New Model :? , but snooze and you lose! :D
Chet15

ddd482

Single-Sixer
my dealer had one of these, and i did not realize until now what it was- now its gone of course-

makes one wonder, like the 41 mags that are in another post and have NO warning, anywhere on either guns' barrel....gee, just who is checking out the stuff going out the door??? :roll:

seebs

Single-Sixer
I am the dealer for NDRUGER. I have 20 of the 5 1/2"and 6 1/2" guns. I also have the new 41's Flattop.

Thanks

Just PM for info.

Mike Seaburg

chet15

Hawkeye
bisleyfan41":1wk6sfuq said:
Man, I think there are people at Ruger laughing their butts off saying "Watch 'em flip out when we release these..." just trying to drive you collectors nuts.

Yea, right! I don't think Ruger has any idea what they are sending out the doors. You'd think somebody would catch some of this stuff before it left.
A little while back we got our #23 in the Zapata Vaquero. Just a couple of days ago we also received #22 Zapata, and I realized this latest gun doesn't have a Warning rollmark on it, while 23 is marked with the Warning.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
ndruger":3asuzh7b said:
My dealer has four of the 5 1/2 models. 265-13960 highest SN Warning on the bottom of the barrel.

Can you confirm 265-13960 is a 5-1/2"?
Looks like these out of sequence guns exist in both models, because #265-13437 is a GKNR6F.
Those two numbers are 523 apart, but it is hard for me to believe Ruger made that many fixed sight guns and the error didn't get caught... Bet most of those in between are "normal" adj. sight Single-Sixes.
Chet15

seebs

Single-Sixer
Here are the pis of the 5 1/2" 265-13960. I have 20 of these instock 51/2" and 61/2".
box.jpg

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

Mike

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey, Mike has a few nice cars hidden close to those shiny RUGERS TOO.....THANKS for the tour guys....was nice to meet you when we visited Jerry.....the best part was JERRY's HAPPY DANCE when you gave him his 3 digit Bear Cat :lol: :lol: :lol: sure is FUN to witness RUGER ENTHUSIASM at it's finest......see ya RR.

chet15

Hawkeye
Thanks SEEBS. Neat Gun!!! Looks like these have brown laminate grips on them as well.
Can you tell me if there is a Newport address on the bottom of the barrel and if that word "NEWPORT" is the same font size as the rest of the address or if it definitely appears to be a larger font.
Thanks.
Chet15

pakrat57

Bearcat
seebs":1324psch said:
Here are the pis of the 5 1/2" 265-13960. I have 20 of these instock 51/2" and 61/2".

Now I know why I had to settle for a 6 1/2" instead of a 5 1/2" model, or was it because I sat on the fence too long. Mine is a 265 series. The font is all the same size (measured with calipers) with "instruction manual" being in italics.

chet15

Hawkeye
pakrat57":2li5z3pk said:
seebs":2li5z3pk said:

Now I know why I had to settle for a 6 1/2" instead of a 5 1/2" model, or was it because I sat on the fence too long. Mine is a 265 series. The font is all the same size (measured with calipers) with "instruction manual" being in italics.

please send me a PM of the sn on your gun. I'm trying to get a quantity established, but thus far have only had two guns reported.
Thanks!
Chet15