Not your Everyday Truck

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mr Jukebox

Bearcat
I thought that some of the older gentleman on the forum would get a kick out of this. It belongs to my father and was given to him by the wife of the man that he worked for for almost 30 years after he passed away two summers ago. It is a 1926 "Mack" Model B i say Mack with quotes because in 1926 there were still the New York Motor Company and had not changed names yet. The truck as you can probably guess is rare but not as rare as the trailer which is only in one of the pictures it is a 1917 made by trialmobile they only made commercial trailers for the first quarter of that year because america got involved in WW1 the last time that anyone talked to trialmobile they believed that is was the last trailer from that year that still existed. The best part about that truck is that it is fully restored and runs like you would not believe you literally have to crank it just a couple of times and it will fire up. It has now become exclusively a parade truck.

Hi Very nice I drove tractor trailor for 34 years and got to drive lots of old trucks my old boss started the GOLDEN AGE OF TRUCKING museum here in CT He passed away a few months be for it opened :( it was his dream to have them for everyone to enjoy
THANKS FOR SHARING
GRAMPS

EarlFH

Single-Sixer
Man! Your Dad must have been a REALLY good worker. Beautiful truck. How come nobody ever gave me anything like that?!!! Oh yeh, I guess it has something to do with being a really good worker. :lol:

EarlFH

Mr Jukebox

Bearcat
The Pete is a 379 with a 550 Cat built from a glider kit and a burnt Kenworth somewhere around 400,000 miles ago. That is the thrid semi that we have built from the ground up sold the first two with a million miles on them. Its not really Fort Rock it is Fort Recovery Ohio we are around 45 mins of north dayton right on the Indiania line

Mr Jukebox

Bearcat
The building was built last summer it is 54ft x 72ft me my father and both brothers built it. The only thing that we did not do is the rafters we had a crew do that. If you ever build a building make it bigger than you think you need you never have enough room.

Ferdinand

Single-Sixer
A 550 Cat? What series is that? I drove a couple trucks a while back with the 3406 425hp motors in them - back before the days of computer-controlled fuel injection. Those trucks would walk right up hils even with a decent load on the truck. They had a really mean sound to them too.

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I love old trucks, would take one of those over the most desirable musclecar anyday of the week. My dream would be to own a White cabover, either a late 1960's 7000 or a late 1970's Road Commander.

Mr Jukebox

Bearcat
The 550 cat is the horsepower not a model or anything and to be real honest i really don't know any of the numbers from the motor all i know is the old man says it will purr down the road or up the road as you said. I remember his first trip to LA with it he called me when he was going up needles which is a huge mountain close to California he sounded like a little kid in a candy store pasing trucks all the way up pulling 80,000 the little things in life!