Not sure of the best place to put this, but, Sportsman’s Warehouse has a good sale on handguns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

In our area they didn't do a great job advertising, but there's an ad on the internet. I had to show the clerk the sale price that was advertised, and he carefully checked the sku. Just a couple of examples. I paid $229.99 on a Taurus G3c
Ruger EC9s $249.99. Max 9's are on sale but there are a few models. Some guns will be in stock, some may have to be ordered from the warehouse.

Just to be clear not all guns are on sale, some have rebates, lots have nothing going on. I quit looking after 23 pages, one model might not be on sale like a Max9, others maybe. I was surprised the Taurus G2c is not on sale but a few models of G3c are. Look it over carefully if you are looking for something.

Last edited:

KIR

Sparks, NV
Yep, Sportsman's Warehouse has the best prices in Reno too. However, their internet ads are a little ahead of what the stock people can put out and they don't even know what they have coming in, nor when. I went to the store 3X over the course of two weeks to buy some ammo on sale and they did not have it in stock and they don't give out rain checks. The only way, I finally got a small brick of what I wanted, was, a salesman had put aside one for himself and he gave it to me to buy. He said he would get his on the next shipment. Been a lot of inclement weather here, so little chance of going out to the desert to do some shootin'.
Otherwise, I would rather go to Sportsman's than two of the larger sporting goods stores. Naturally LGS's cannot compete price wise.

Teflon97116

Bearcat
I find that SW stores (2 of them in the greater Portland area) are pretty regular with sales. The key IMHO is to not be impatient. Whatever you've been looking for will probably rotate around into a sale price at some point in a month or so. And speaking of impatience, definitely take something to read or entertain yourself when you go to stand in line and wait to buy your new piece. LOTS of people see those ads and the store fills up fast.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I live in Vancouver Washington and our S.W. store is a joke. I have been in there 5 times to buy a handgun. Got my ticket and waited over a half hour each time as did other customers. The salesman walk back and forth talking to each other while ignoring customers. One time I did get waited on after waiting 45 minutes to buy a Ruger Wrangler that was on sale. When it was my turn to be waited on I was told they had been sold out for several days. I told the sales person that their website said they had them, he said that somebody needs to fix the website informtion. Went there one day when they had bulk 22 ammo on sale listed on their website. Got to the store and the sales price display sign was $2.00 higher than their website price. I got several boxes anyway and when I got up to the checkout counter I was charged full price and was told by the sales person that the ammo was not on sale. I went and bought it anyway because I need it for a gift. If you go to their Facebook page there is a long list of complaints against them. I now do all my shopping at Sporting Systems or at Cascade Firearms and Supply.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Last edited:
I have 2 of these stores within 10 miles of me. We have Bass Pro and Cabelas too, but I do not shop there anymore. Scheels will open up in a couple of months here. I'll try them.

Latest posts