Not Ruger - Does Anyone Know What Handgun This Fits On?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
I received a call regarding a wire stock for the Harrington & Richardson Handy Gun. After looking it over & comparing to my H & R catalogs (late 1920's thru 1930's), I do not believe it belongs on the H & R Handy Gun. Does anyone know what handgun it fits on? As always, your help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

lmd

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

Chance

Buckeye
Looks very much like the skeleton stock for some models of the Stevens pocket rifles, particularly the No.34 Hunters Pet discontinued in 1897.

lovemydals

Buckeye
ltapd204,

What gauge is your Handy Gun? Over the years I have been offered a few of these, but had to pass on them because CA does not recognize the Fed stamp. CA considers them sawed off (short barreled) shotguns. However, I do have a set of stocks & internal parts for one (no barrel or receiver). Would you be interested in them?

lmd

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
lovemydals":2upot5dy said:
ltapd204,

What gauge is your Handy Gun? Over the years I have been offered a few of these, but had to pass on them because CA does not recognize the Fed stamp. CA considers them sawed off (short barreled) shotguns. However, I do have a set of stocks & internal parts for one (no barrel or receiver). Would you be interested in them?

lmd

PM sent.

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
MADDOG 521":vudlhlqs said:
Itapd204 What kind of registration is needed in Texas?

First you have to find one that was registered according to the GCA of 1968. Once that is done you can file the AOW (Any other Weapon) paperwork with the ATF to transfer the Handy Gun to you. There are no special provisions for the state of Texas, just the ATF regulations.

The NFA of 1934 imposed a $200.00 transfer tax on short barreled shotguns which the Handy Gun is. In 1960 Congress reduced this tax to the Any other Weapon (AOW) to $5.00.

You must keep the Tax stamp with the gun at all times. I keep a copy of the paperwork rolled up in the barrel when not in use.

Those look like the old Stevens 94, will parts interchange? If so I need a stock and trigger guard and it miht give me more places to look.
Naw, on closer exam the rear of the reciever is different and the trigger guard looks like one piece with the receiver?

tomno.1

Bearcat
This appears to be a shoulder stock from the earliest model Marbles Gamegetter. When you're opening the stock it makes a ratcheting sound, exactly like a pair of S&W handcuffs being closed. The later Gamegetter stocks were of channeled/pressed steel construction. By turning the knurled sleeve you can adjust the drop of the stock. The Gamegetter was an over/under .22/.44. The .44 barrel was smoothbore and used a .44 Gamegetter cartridge - round ball. I believe there were also .44 shot cartridges available back then too. NFA rules apply - but Marble's also made a 18" barrel model and I'm not sure if NFA rules apply to the 18" model.

Orangeusa

Bearcat
Looks like SOMEBODY is interested. This is the weirdest looking handgun/rifle whatever I've seen in a long time!!! :)

It's fascinating...

lovemydals

Buckeye
Three bidders so far. I don't know where this is going to go, as I had mixed reviews regarding value & desirability. One person said I would be lucky to get $100 for it & with very few wanting it. Another person said I could get $400 for it & with lots of people wanting it. Now, I wait & see.

lmd

tomno.1

Bearcat
Looks like you did okay. Just goes to show ya - don't throw away ANY old parts.

Flash

Buckeye
Congratulations! I had similar experience with not knowing about an item. I had purchased a cardboard box of old gunpowder tins and inside was an old cough drop tin from a company which closed in the early 1900's. I offered the tin on ebay and an heir of the family estate bid quite generously for it. Internet auctioning is like having a window to the world with access to a hundred millions of potential bidders.

Latest posts