Not a Ruger (XD9), but I'm sure you guys will know.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bud33

Bearcat
ConradM":21g6y1b2 said:
Kinda hit or miss. Mine is smooth, but stiff with a little over travel. Feels like It's about 2 - 3 lbs heaved than my xdm trigger.

Also, it has a very sharp break like many other DAO striker fired pistols. So much so that it makes my finger tingle after dry-fire practice. It's almost like my finger is being slapped.

I have an XD9 SC and the trigger slap is the only problem I have with it.
I have been working with different grippings to see if I can find one that is more comfortable, but so far , after 50 rounds or so my finger is sore #$@&.
The good news is that if I have to use it, I don't expect to have to pull the trigger more than once or twice!!!

ConradM

Blackhawk
Bud33":39t351j6 said:
ConradM":39t351j6 said:
Kinda hit or miss. Mine is smooth, but stiff with a little over travel. Feels like It's about 2 - 3 lbs heaved than my xdm trigger.

Also, it has a very sharp break like many other DAO striker fired pistols. So much so that it makes my finger tingle after dry-fire practice. It's almost like my finger is being slapped.

I have an XD9 SC and the trigger slap is the only problem I have with it.
I have been working with different grippings to see if I can find one that is more comfortable, but so far , after 50 rounds or so my finger is sore #$@&.
The good news is that if I have to use it, I don't expect to have to pull the trigger more than once or twice!!!

Get a PRP over-travel stop for $17... Problem solved.

WyoGunner

Single-Sixer
Haven't had a jam in 400 rounds. I think the thorough cleaning/oiling did the job. I just put a hogue XD specific handall grip on it and it is phenomenal. The gun is every bit as accurate and natural pointing as I had hoped it would be.

Mike J

Hunter
I'm glad to hear it is working out for you. I really like my XD-40. It took me a while to get used to it coming from shooting a P-944 but once I did it really works well for me.