Not a Ruger But One Hell Of a Pistolie

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hey Guys,

This isn't a Ruger but just an outstanding Pistolie that I bought in 1981. A Dan Wesson 44 Mag Vent Heavy Pistol Pack
This is what I carried when I was with the Sheriff Dept. I could qualify with factory loads no problem. While the other guys were shooting 38 wad cutters. Why you want to shoot Wad cutters to qualify never made since to me. Ya shoot what ya carry.

It has to be the easiest shooting 44 mag out there. The quality is just outstanding. No screws to mess up but allen head screws when you want to take it apart. The blueing is like a Ruger Old model Super.

When my Son was 13 he could shoot it along with the wife with factory loads.

Why didn't the barrel system become popular I don't know.

Jim
1264716970-1.jpg

1264716972-1.jpg

Whale of a duty gun Jim! I had a stainless 3 barrel pistol pack in 41 Mag with all three being heavy barrels. What a shooting machine! Probably my biggest regret in selling a firearms was letting it go. I keep watching the sites for another one but everytime I see one it happens to be about the time some other project needs paid for.

gmaske

Bearcat
Yep! I'd own one or two of those pistols if I could have scraped together the money back then. I fell in love at first sight. Alas I was poor back then and only doin fair now. As I remember you had to set the cylinder gap and then tighten the outer housing. Seems to me they were also labeled "Tack Drivers" by all the gun rags of that day too! They are awesome guns!

Jim A guy I work with from time to time son work for Dan Wesson in the custom shop He made his dad a beauty very similar to yours except a longer barrel. I'll see Brown monday and get the barrel lenght. I really like the interchageable barrel system, never seen one until he took out his. Anyways a BEEEautifull piece

Ethang

Blackhawk
Wasn't there an episode of TJ Hooker where he opened his trunk and a DW pistol pack was in there?

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
Ethang":3hukle03 said:
Wasn't there an episode of TJ Hooker where he opened his trunk and a DW pistol pack was in there?

Yes there was. It was one of the first 3 or 4 episodes.