Not a Ruger but a nice little 22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I was at a gun show last weekend and ended up buying a little Taurus 9 shot model 94 2 1/2" barrel. Looks to be either stainless or Alloy. Also appears to be virtually new. No box but I don't care for $250. Anybody have one of these? What do you think?

FXWG

Bearcat
Bought a 5" 94 for my wife.
She hated the trigger pull in both single and double action.
Sold the thing.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I have a 941, 4" bbl .22 mag. I like it. Nice single action trigger, but don't bother with double action, cocking the hammer takes a bit of effort too. I always shoot single action anyway. Mine is stainless, red insert front sight, adjustable rear. Similar to my S&W mod 34

E

Single-Sixer
94's have different weights -- regular and ultralite. I think the ultralites are alloy and weigh about 6 ounces less. My dad has a 4" 941 22 mag version that weighs about 25 ounces, and from my experience shooting it, I have to agree with Tomiswho about the action. The single action is pretty smooth, but the double is heavy, and cocking it takes more effort than it should.

It's a nice, J-frame sized piece -- looks good, feels good in the hand, has good sights, and has great capacity, but I think the ultralite version would be more appealing to me for a rimfire. For .22 and .22 mag, you just don't need the extra weight for a trail gun or pocket gun.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Have never shot one, but would love to give one a try. For $250, I'd take a chance on one in a second! Looks like a fun gun.

Yikes--just realized that's about TWICE what I paid for my K-22 in 1975! :shock: Still, a pretty good price in today's worthless dollars.

leejack

Single-Sixer
I had one with a longer barrel in the 90's. It was a pretty nice gun.

The only downside was the DA trigger pull. Other that that, it was fun. I didn't have any problems with mine.

The price is sure right. Go for it!

lee

Bucks Owin

Hunter
A few years back I was looking for a used Bearcat for my young son to go with his cut down Winnie M-60 single shot .22 rifle. But funds were slim and I ended up with a Savage M-101 single shot .22 "revolver". I didn't even know there was such a thing! It's "kinda" like a .256 Hawkeye. Anyway, his hands are big enough to shoot my OM SS6 now and the little Savage goes along in a tacklebox when catfishing. Ya never know when you might need to stop a charge from a big ol' enraged channel cat! (Or maybe a man eatin' rattlesnake) It's a handy little shooter about the size of a BCat....Dennis