Non-Ruger question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
OK, I bought a brand new Anderson Kiger, which is a Glock 19 Gen 3 clone. I have never owned a Glock, but used to sell the crap out of them when I worked in a gun store, and have fired my fair share of them, so I have a fair knowledge of how they work. This Anderson Kiger I bought when you dry fire it some times (a lot) the trigger won't stay back, and it feels different, as in it does not feel like it is releasing the fireing pin, or striker. Of course, if the trigger does not stay back it can't be disassembled in the usual manner. I have yet to fire the thing, and probably won't until I have someone look at it, but was wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen to their Glock or clones? And if so, what was the fix?

gunman42782

Hunter
Well, the wonder of lubrication didn't work! I tried shooting it today and it would fire two or three then then click, no bang. It's like it's not releasing the striker. Back to Anderson it's a going!

gunman42782

Hunter
Got it back from Anderson today. Invoice says they replaced the connector and fired 10 rounds and they proclaim it is good. We will see. Going to really shoot it later on today.

gunman42782

Hunter
Just got back shot 75 rounds, no problems whatsoever. Hit the steel every time. WIll have to shoot it some more before I truly trust it, but I like it so far.

Yoter

Bearcat
Connector was probably bent too far inwards. The angle is critical.

Dummy

Bearcat
A tip from an old Brownell's gunsmith tricks of the trade. Applicable to most if not all firearms. Generously coat action with Clover C-grade lapping compound work action repeatedly while watching TV. Never use file on any action. Clean in boiling water and baking soda. Oil and reassemble. Thar's what you get if your fortunate from a a hi dollar 'trigger job'.
If not best tip T ever read its n top 2