Non-Ruger Plum Pieces

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GasGuzzler

Hunter
I'll start.

My Rugers aren't plum but my pre-safety Rossi M92 is...

IMG-1899.jpg

5804-C083-02-CD-4503-9-E6-D-085440271-D9-C.jpg

DGW1949

Hunter
Those old Rossi's are very nice guns. From what I can see, yours looks mostly original and in a very desirable configuration...Most folks don't realize that Rossi actualy has more experience building model 1892 rifles, and long ago passed Winchester as to the number of '92's built. Their pre-safety models are also more true to the original design than modern Winchesters.

DGW

GasGuzzler

Hunter
It is original except the piece of leather is new and I shimmed the trigger spring with a 22LR shell I split and flattened to make brass stock out of. I also modified the hammer spring strength and shortened the mag tube spring. The old (pre-safety, pre-Braztech, Pre-Taurus) R92's have no plastic parts (the follower is steel as is the butt plate and barrel band) and the rear sight is usable (unlike the later models).

Considering selling the pair and all my molds and dies.

Guess I'm the only one with a plum non-Ruger...

Last edited:

DGW1949

Hunter
It is original except the piece of leather is new and I shimmed the trigger spring with a 22LR shell I split and flattened to make brass stock out of. I also modified the hammer spring strength and shortened the mag tube spring. The old (pre-safety, pre-Braztech, Pre-Taurus) R92's have no plastic parts (the follower is steel as is the butt plate and barrel band) and the rear sight is usable (unlike the later models).

Considering selling the pair and all my molds and dies.

Guess I'm the only one with a plum non-Rossi...
I gave mine to my oldest Daughter last year along with 800 rounds of 250 LSWC ammo...plus a hand full of spare parts that I had accumulated for it. The reason I gave it to her was because it's one of the nicest, best handling, best shooting guns that I've ever owned. Well that, and it was the 45LC version which matched her revolver....And BTW, The Ruger factory hammer spring from a Blackhawk makes a good lite-weight hammer spring for a Rossi-'92, and drops right in as-is.

DGW

Last edited:

eveled

Hawkeye
I just have some plum Ruger loading gates. Everything else is staying blue.