NON- RUGER BUT WORTH A LOOK

Help Support Ruger Forum:

REP1954

Blackhawk
Picked up my new Sheriffs Model today and man let me tell you it's great. Fit, finnish, and action are fantastic. I can see why people are calling these late model guns 4th generation guns what a difference. Next on the list is another Sheriffs but only instead of a 3" barrel it will be a 2" barrel and all nickel finnish. I'm waiting for info from the Custom Shop now for ordering.
c-2.jpg

cubrock

Blackhawk
The "Sheriff's Model" vs "Storekeeper's Model" debate has been raging for years. Last year, I had a real 1st Gen Sheriff's model (4" barrel) lettered by Colt for a client. Colt's letter came back with "Sheriff's Model" on it. A lot of Colt collectors who saw the letter clucked their tongues and said it was a Storekeeper's Model due to the 4" barrel. They said to be a Sheriff's Model, the barrel has to be UNDER 4". Anything 4" or longer without an ejector assembly is a Storekeeper's.

Then, there were the guys who said the exact opposite, or would only use either one term or the other. I don't think there is any winning this one.

REP1954

Blackhawk
This gun is from a 2008 limited run according to the Colt catalog. The Catalog states that it is available as a 3" "Sheriffs Model" and a 4" "Storekeepers Model". Both in a choice of 45 Colt or a 44-40 as Colt still does not recognize 44 WCF. I guess that helps keep history alive.

cubrock

Blackhawk
Well, then, that settles the dispute with your gun. :)

I meant to say so in my first post, but that is a nice piece and I like the way you did the pic. Thanks for sharing!

REP1954

Blackhawk
I shot the Sheriff last night and what a great gun. Shoots a little to the left but I will shoot it a while before making any corrections. I was thinking of getting another one with a 2" barrel but now I'm starting to think what a fun project on a New Vaquero and you can carry it with 6 shots instead of 5. Hey Armybrat do you shoot that one? Looks to nice to shoot.