NON PREFIX OLD ARMY VALUE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi I found a ROA stainless 7 1/2 serial # small star 15xx it has the reverse cylinder roll inscription it is NIB with the shipper From what I can dig out of the books it was made for the RCA I have always thought they were neat but have not got a clue as to how collectibil or what they are worth There is also another one with it that has the same serial number but has a prefix also NIB are they worth any premium to keep them togather

THANKS GRAMPS

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, it's a little hard to understand the differences in the guns you mentioned.
The reverse rollmarked cylinders were a mistake & not done for the RCA as I recall. Those only number at about 500 guns. A premium is usually paid for them.
I'm not sure what you mean by a small star??
Having a set of prefix & non-prefix matching numbers is a desirable collecting feature.

Hi The serial # starts with a small star I belive Chad describes it in his pocket reference book page 184 ( RCA 1 of 100 )I did not get to handle it It was in a display case and I could only see one side I was in a hurry and could not wait for him to dig it out The second gun was a plain 7 1/2 stainless but had a prefix number (Star 15xx - 145 - 15xx) the roll mark was correct on the prefix gun

THANKS GRAMPS

flatgate

Hawkeye
Yup, Gramps, it's a RCA issued variation. Most have RCA markings on the top strap and most have the "backwards" cylinder inscription.

Neat gun!

Having the "standard issue" prefix gun with the same s/n is way cool.

flatgate

PS The Old Army is an interesting collectible and just doesn't get the respect it deserves!

I went on an all day ride yesterday hitting all my gun shops I found 5 that I think I just got to have does anyone here know what the going price would be for these I can not find one on any computor sites

THANKS GRAMPS

contender

Ruger Guru
Ok,, I see more info has popped up. (I didn't look in my referrence guide.) Now,, that said,, if it were me,, & I could figure out how to swing the sale,, I'd go after that pair of OA's.
If they are NIB,, them by all means,, about $500 each for them as collectors. Any less and it starts becoming a good deal. Under $400 and it becomes a steal,,,!

flatgate

Hawkeye
contender":1y7s6kuc said:
Under $400 and it becomes a steal,,,!

322638196.jpg

$300 cash in a gun shop in Eastern Idaho. No paperwork to fill out, either... :D

flatgate

50coupe

Bearcat
The matching prefix gun should also be an RCA issue, 1 of 200.

Offered to the people who bought the 1/100.

They also offered single and double presentation cases for purchase.

ubme

Bearcat
Here is a picture of mine in the presentation box. Both are new in the box with shippers also the presentation box has the shipper. I don't think the price is out of line if everything is there and with presentation box (shippers, manuals, nipple wrenches etc.). The pre-fixed gun (1 of 200) would also have the liberty roll mark and if the Ruger Liberty patch is in the box you can consider it worth $125.00 approx.
Sorry this picture isn't the best:

100_0977-1.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
I didn't say there weren't deals to be found out there,, (I know,, I've gotten a few,) but if you are loking at a set,, then,, the value is there.
Nice guns above,,,!

mykeal

Single-Sixer
Yes, I agree with you. That SS I got was a once in a lifetime deal - they just don't come around like that every day. I'd have spent a lot more if someone had been bidding against me, and if I had a chance at the set he's describing I'd jump on that too.

Just don't tell SWMBO.

Hi Well I brought them home today they are realy cool the patch was there but its missing one of the waranty cards he thinks he might have the display case and will call me if he finds it I will try to get pictures this weekend

GRAMPS

Latest posts